Chevy Performance Exhaust

i cant hear any difference.
Damn, that’s unfortunate.

I thought I had seen the touring muffler is interchangeable if the corresponding front pipe is also purchased. Could be the best solution for our problem.

It's called a helmholtz resonator. They are mostly installed to reduce drone. They will do nothing to reduce sound levels.

Just looked that up. Spot on.

Why would Borla offer an anti-drone tech to combat cold start decibels?
I have no idea! One would think they would know better than that. I was debating adding one to my muffler swap on the 2020 5.3 trail boss I previously owned. I ended up just trading it in on a '21 6.2 trail boss.

I thought I had seen the touring muffler is interchangeable if the corresponding front pipe is also purchased. Could be the best solution for our problem.
yes it is. im working on a good will gesture from Borla. swap out my gm system for their retail touring system. i proved that the info i got originally was incorrect which was basis for my purchase. honestly people, all this back and forth drama with borla is not in my wheelhouse. its taking away from some of the excitement of my truck. not worth it.

yes it is. im working on a good will gesture from Borla. swap out my gm system for their retail touring system. i proved that the info i got originally was incorrect which was basis for my purchase. honestly people, all this back and forth drama with borla is not in my wheelhouse. its taking away from some of the excitement of my truck. not worth it.
thanks to all who chimed in with good ideas and suggestions. this is a great forum with alot of good people.

OEM systems, GM part number are not compatible with retail systems. i wanted to do what you suggested.

Reactions: AXE
i cant hear any difference.
Too bad it doesnt sound good, it looks like a quality system. Just seems like they would have had a proper remedy if they knew that was the issue everyone was complaining about.

Too bad it doesnt sound good, it looks like a quality system. Just seems like they would have had a proper remedy if they knew that was the issue everyone was complaining about.
i just received a call from Borla california. im stunned! said that he is aware of my issue and apoligised for all the miscommunication regarding GM accessory. a brand new front pipe and touring muffler made for my system are on the way to me gratis.....im very happy.

i just received a call from Borla california. im stunned! said that he is aware of my issue and apoligised for all the miscommunication regarding GM accessory. a brand new front pipe and touring muffler made for my system are on the way to me gratis.....im very happy.
So this is a whole new system than before?

I will give them props for continuing to try and get this squared.

Ask for a part number with it so others can pursue.

So this is a whole new system than before?

I will give them props for continuing to try and get this squared.
im in 100% agreement with you on Borla customer service. i wasnt expecting it to be honest. its a new 3.5 inch front pipe and touring muffler. aft of muffler stays the same.

im in 100% agreement with you on Borla customer service. i wasnt expecting it to be honest. its a new 3.5 inch front pipe and touring muffler. aft of muffler stays the same.
So it is the touring muffler but it still utilizes the resonator after the muffler?

Anyone else having issues with exhaust leaks where the front pipe meets the borla exhaust? I keep trying to adjust the clamp but it always has a slight leak.

Most Member Reactions

Back