Chevy Performance Exhaust

Total bullshit.......they are in the performance exhaust business, but forgot how to perform. I mean how hard is this shit?

People expect a quality sound and increased performance when dropping that kind of cash.

If you just want a loud ass obnoxious exhaust, you can just knock it off after the cat or run glass packs. It only costs $100.
yup...and could of just went with AFE muffler for $200. i planned on this being my forever rig. do it right. i just checked my Visa statement. pipe was $337 shipped to northeast.

Reactions: AXE
Honestly, I completely understand you are pissed. But there’s just absolutely no way Borla intended to F up that hard. That’s a total failure on the manufacturing level.

Someone on the floor screwed up big time.

No taking sides here. But like I’ve said before, they slapped tailpipes on an existing system to shove it out the door.

My phone call back from Corsa also proves this. They swapped tailpipes did testing and placed the catback for our trucks back to the drawing board. Engineering is starting from scratch to build a tailored system.

They are 3-4 months out. Doing fitment testing now so it seems they are past square one.

Words from them are “The design of the down firing tailpipe sections completely changes the in cab acoustics and sound profile of the system. Everything is amplified and resonates differently. It will be a unique system from end to end for the application”

Magnaflow has designed a Tailored system as well.

Disappointed in Borla for rushing a system of their quality to market.

Honestly, I completely understand you are pissed. But there’s just absolutely no way Borla intended to F up that hard. That’s a total failure on the manufacturing level.

Someone on the floor screwed up big time.

No taking sides here. But like I’ve said before, they slapped tailpipes on an existing system to shove it out the door.

My phone call back from Corsa also proves this. They swapped tailpipes did testing and placed the catback for our trucks back to the drawing board. Engineering is starting from scratch to build a tailored system.

They are 3-4 months out. Doing fitment testing now so it seems they are past square one.

Words from them are “The design of the down firing tailpipe sections completely changes the in cab acoustics and sound profile of the system. Everything is amplified and resonates differently. It will be a unique system from end to end for the application”

Magnaflow has designed a Tailored system as well.

Disappointed in Borla for rushing a system of their quality to market.
i hear you...i try not to get pissed off at things i have no control over. this imo is plain ole not giving a f**k!! zero quality control. i also didnt wanna do the pile on but i could have made better welds with my harbor freight 120v.

i hear you...i try not to get pissed off at things i have no control over. this imo is plain ole not giving a f**k!! zero quality control. i also didnt wanna do the pile on but i could have made better welds with my harbor freight 120v.
here we go 2nd attempt. this pipe looks correct with the bends. should now within an hour or two🤞🤞

Attachments

• 20230417_091741.jpg
    20230417_091741.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 58
yes, just eyeing it up, bends and length seem ok for plug and play. Borla was embarrassed and couldnt apologise enough for the snafu. they overnited the new pipe. gonna give them "A" for effort.
Happy they could make it right for you.

While we are on the topic, has anyone noticed any heat shield vibration at low RPM or when reversing?

Happy they could make it right for you.

While we are on the topic, has anyone noticed any heat shield vibration at low RPM or when reversing?

What will this do and why did you need it? Thanks
when i decided to get the gm accessory, i called borla to get the specs cause gm parts couldnt tell me. borla california retail told me it was their touring system, lowest level sound upgrade. 100% false. its the "S" type. i was referred to borla OE division in Tenn. they said i was one of many to complain about a super loud startup, m80 goin off. they have a fix and it was a new front pipe with an added resonator. i just got it installed and there is zero difference. not sure what im gonna do yet. def back burner for now and enjoy the truck.

when i decided to get the gm accessory, i called borla to get the specs cause gm parts couldnt tell me. borla california retail told me it was their touring system, lowest level sound upgrade. 100% false. its the "S" type. i was referred to borla OE division in Tenn. they said i was one of many to complain about a super loud startup, m80 goin off. they have a fix and it was a new front pipe with an added resonator. i just got it installed and there is zero difference. not sure what im gonna do yet. def back burner for now and enjoy the truck.
i forgot to add that borla OE did a good follow up and explained to me GM engineering knew of this issue and was ok with it. i have no issue other than startup. the system is beefy and looks to be made well. if you dont mind a loud start up and possibly waking babies and dogs, this is a good system. zero drone at speed and excellent sound at upshift and downshift....IMO.

The stock exhaust has a valve right before the muffler. I believe it is temperature controlled. Closed when cold, open when the exhaust has heated up.
Like an old school heat riser that was put on the end of an exhaust manifold.

When I stated “idle” it was directed at the cold start.
Sounds like a automatic choke. way back when, cold starts would activate the device till engine gets warm and then would disengage and drop the idle down to normal.

So, if you order the S-type from Borla you get a different exhaust system than the GM/Borla system? When I ordered it came in a Borla box with one little GM sticker on the outside. The exhaust system itself has no branding other than Borla stamped on it.
would cutting the new resonator off the new Borla mid pipe and have it transfered to the 3.5 inch pipe work?

would cutting the new resonator off the new Borla mid pipe and have it transfered to the 3.5 inch pipe work?
i think its has to be re-engineered. i listened to the touring, S type and Atak on youtube. best possible without hearing in person. i thought uograding from stock to touring was perfect for my taste. they should have at least made a system that interchanged. its totally possible.

i forgot to add that borla OE did a good follow up and explained to me GM engineering knew of this issue and was ok with it. i have no issue other than startup. the system is beefy and looks to be made well. if you dont mind a loud start up and possibly waking babies and dogs, this is a good system. zero drone at speed and excellent sound at upshift and downshift....IMO.
Imagine how bad it would if you had the Flow Master system installed.o_O🤪

fyi...forgot to include installed new pipe.

Attachments

• 20230417_112801.jpg
    20230417_112801.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 20230417_112809.jpg
    20230417_112809.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 61

Most Member Reactions

Back