Chevy Performance Exhaust

Wrapping the muffler in header wrap will help with drone a bit, but thats about it

There really is no drone. It just sounds like it has a muffler with holes drilled in it at start-up. I’m sure the neighbors love me.
As a neighbor I’d be good with it 😂😂

these were numbers on box that was shipped. call borla to make sure what these numbers are. hope it helps.
So had the atak crate muffler but went back to stock. I couldn’t stand the dfm kicking in and the loud startup. With the custom touring setup and no resonators you still happy with startup and sound? Also when driving on highway can you tell when dfm kicks in? When I had atak it would sound good then totally quiet on highway and I drive a lot so don’t want to deal with going into l9. Thanks for any feedback just making sure because $700 is steep but better than $1,709 for full touring setup.

So had the atak crate muffler but went back to stock. I couldn’t stand the dfm kicking in and the loud startup. With the custom touring setup and no resonators you still happy with startup and sound? Also when driving on highway can you tell when dfm kicks in? When I had atak it would sound good then totally quiet on highway and I drive a lot so don’t want to deal with going into l9. Thanks for any feedback just making sure because $700 is steep but better than $1,709 for full touring setup.
i have said before. sound is subjective. i thought the "S" type that came with accessory was way to loud on startup. too much diff from anemic stock exhaust. the touring muffler is IMO the proper step up. no M80 going off on startup and zero drone at speed. i cant tell dfm kickin in. also gas to pass sounds great. good luck.

i have said before. sound is subjective. i thought the "S" type that came with accessory was way to loud on startup. too much diff from anemic stock exhaust. the touring muffler is IMO the proper step up. no M80 going off on startup and zero drone at speed. i cant tell dfm kickin in. also gas to pass sounds great. good luck.
Thanks for info

A little update on an attempted fix:

I purchase a Dynonmax 3.5” inlet / outlet muffler in an attempt to quiet down. Mission accomplished at startup and full throttle. The issue I ran into was drone at 1500 rpm with light load.

The issue here is cruising at 70 is perfect drone territory. I have since switched back to the original Type-S Borla muffler.

I have read switching the resonator in front of the muffler might have sown positive affect. That’s a test for another day.

If anyone is interested in the install, it did require a few extra pieces.

Attachments

• IMG_8599.jpeg
    IMG_8599.jpeg
    269.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8600.jpeg
    IMG_8600.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8601.jpeg
    IMG_8601.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 34
Looks clean!

Try running manual L8 and see if it kills the drone. Also may need to hit tow/haul mode. This will increase rpms a tad and the drone may disappear.

Looks clean!

Try running manual L8 and see if it kills the drone. Also may need to hit tow/haul mode. This will increase rpms a tad and the drone may disappear.
I did drive most highway miles in L8 as the drone wasn’t present.

Back to the drawing board for a fix.

Reactions: AXE
I did drive most highway miles in L8 as the drone wasn’t present.

Back to the drawing board for a fix.
Yep it seems like at 1800 rpms you hear a nice purr, not a hum.

Tow/Haul won't help
It does in mine, especially in auto. It'll hold rpms longer when you roll off the throttle. Even seems to replicate compression braking to a degree. Then you don't get that constant fluctuations from DFM kicking in and out.

That is the Borla Touring system. It’s been rebadged by GM. The other part number is the S-Type kit.

They are absolutely identical to the equivalent Borla systems minus the part number.

The one you bought is designed exactly to be how you are describing.
What is the GM part # that is equivalent to the S-type? I’m showing three options on GM accessories, 87816783, 84964744, and 19433388. I want the loudest one haha

What is the GM part # that is equivalent to the S-type? I’m showing three options on GM accessories, 87816783, 84964744, and 19433388. I want the loudest one haha
Borla makes an Atak which is even louder.

The S-type will wake the dead on start up but is not overbearing when driving.

Good thread guys. Sorry to hear about all the headaches but it was helpful that you guys shared your experiences.
Still debating between the touring and the S-type. Have kids and neighbors to think about.

Good thread guys. Sorry to hear about all the headaches but it was helpful that you guys shared your experiences.
Still debating between the touring and the S-type. Have kids and neighbors to think about.
I would get the touring if I did it all again.

Most Member Reactions

Back