Chevy Performance Exhaust

How did you identify the leak?
I could see the water dripping on my garage floor and can hear the leak coming from that area. I then readjusted that clamp to confirm it was that spot. Can’t get it to seal right it’s very annoying. Small leak but enough I notice it on light acceleration and on startup

i
Anyone else having issues with exhaust leaks where the front pipe meets the borla exhaust? I keep trying to adjust the clamp but it always has a slight leak.

I could see the water dripping on my garage floor and can hear the leak coming from that area. I then readjusted that clamp to confirm it was that spot. Can’t get it to seal right it’s very annoying. Small leak but enough I notice it on light acceleration and on startup
im not having any issues.

There is a torque spec stamped on the clamp. Maybe there is a too loose/tight.

Can you flare it slightly to make sure it's round? Maybe wrap it with exhaust wrap and reclamp.

Yeah I was thinking about getting wrap or maybe some permatex sealant on there
I haven't actually used that exhaust tape, but I think some of it goes on soft and then hardens with heat. If you have enough room to take a couple wraps, then slip the pipe over it and clamp it down. It might not look too bad.

An exhaust shop should have flaring tools to make both ends shaped to match better. That would probably look cleaner if you don't want to weld it.

I haven't actually used that exhaust tape, but I think some of it goes on soft and then hardens with heat. If you have enough room to take a couple wraps, then slip the pipe over it and clamp it down. It might not look too bad.

An exhaust shop should have flaring tools to make both ends shaped to match better. That would probably look cleaner if you don't want to weld it.
i just received my new setup. its a touring muffler and a new shorter front pipe. gonna find out on monday.🙏🙏🤞🤞

Attachments

• 20230426_160642.jpg
    20230426_160642.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: AXE
I’m getting my exhaust installed today at the dealership, went with 87816783 Chevy performance exhaust. At this point I have no idea what exhaust product I’m getting in terms of sound, wish Chevy would have added a description to the sound profile like Borla does. Hopefully I didn’t just spend 2k for a minor exhaust note over stock. Went with it due to the added HP/TQ, I know it’s minor and probably not noticeable unless I’m getting on it. Will report back this afternoon.

On a side note, I have yet to see another ZR2 down here in Miami, anyone else down here?

I’m getting my exhaust installed today at the dealership, went with 87816783 Chevy performance exhaust. At this point I have no idea what exhaust product I’m getting in terms of sound, wish Chevy would have added a description to the sound profile like Borla does. Hopefully I didn’t just spend 2k for a minor exhaust note over stock. Went with it due to the added HP/TQ, I know it’s minor and probably not noticeable unless I’m getting on it. Will report back this afternoon.

On a side note, I have yet to see another ZR2 down here in Miami, anyone else down here?
good luck....looking forward to report!!!!!

Quick report. Got the ZR2 back just now and drove it home. From what I can tell, there was no noise difference at idle. Start up was slightly louder on a warm start. I had the guys rev it for me while I listened, the exhaust opens up nicely when revving and when you accelerate. It’s a nice deep roar, enough that you hear it but it doesn’t take over. It was exactly what I was looking for, something low-key at idle, with sound on movement. If you’re on conservative side of the fence, it’s perfect.

Quick report. Got the ZR2 back just now and drove it home. From what I can tell, there was no noise difference at idle. Start up was slightly louder on a warm start. I had the guys rev it for me while I listened, the exhaust opens up nicely when revving and when you accelerate. It’s a nice deep roar, enough that you hear it but it doesn’t take over. It was exactly what I was looking for, something low-key at idle, with sound on movement. If you’re on conservative side of the fence, it’s perfect.
nice.

So which exhaust was installed?

So which exhaust was installed?
87816783 - Chevy performance exhaust. it’s best comparable to the touring from Borla, although I can’t really prove it’s the same sound, just going off of what people have already said. I think the idling is slightly lower sounding in person. My honest opinion , it’s a bit expensive for unlocking some sound. Don’t get me wrong ,I still don’t regret the purchase. It’s the right sound level for me. If you are an exhaust freak and require more, go straight for the sport exhaust and beyond. I owned a C7 Z06, 9/10 in sound loudness. I would hear peacocks crying from miles away on cold start. This exhaust would be around 4/10 on the same scale. You can hear it, it sounds great when accelerating. A little low on idle. It feels well designed for the truck. Not sure if the Borla has a slight performance boost but the Chevy performance exhaust does.

87816783 - Chevy performance exhaust. it’s best comparable to the touring from Borla, although I can’t really prove it’s the same sound, just going off of what people have already said. I think the idling is slightly lower sounding in person. My honest opinion , it’s a bit expensive for unlocking some sound. Don’t get me wrong ,I still don’t regret the purchase. It’s the right sound level for me. If you are an exhaust freak and require more, go straight for the sport exhaust and beyond. I owned a C7 Z06, 9/10 in sound loudness. I would hear peacocks crying from miles away on cold start. This exhaust would be around 4/10 on the same scale. You can hear it, it sounds great when accelerating. A little low on idle. It feels well designed for the truck. Not sure if the Borla has a slight performance boost but the Chevy performance exhaust does.
im at dealer now swapping out Borla "S" type for Touring muffler.

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Back