Console-Mounted Safe

Coastaldaze

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the console-mounted safe available from Chevrolet Accessories? I'm not seeing who the manufacturer is and I would like to confirm the quality before I commit to ordering one. I've always used Console Vault but they don't currently have one for the refreshed Silverado and I can't get an eta on release of a compatible model from them.

I just installed the Chevrolet console safe. The box it comes in and all the paperwork do not show any manufacture, aside from the lock.

As a side note, I reused the factory console bolts. The bolts included with the safe have a smaller washer under the head. The factory bolts seem to make it a little more secure.
IMG_3425.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3424.jpeg
    IMG_3424.jpeg
    308.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_3426.jpeg
    IMG_3426.jpeg
    506.5 KB · Views: 127
Where did you purchase the safe? And do you have a pic of it installed? Does it take up the whole console bin?

Where did you purchase the safe? And do you have a pic of it installed? Does it take up the whole console bin?
If you want the best and most secure safe available to man...you want this one - no better safe on the market!

I just installed the Chevrolet console safe. The box it comes in and all the paperwork do not show any manufacture, aside from the lock.

As a side note, I reused the factory console bolts. The bolts included with the safe have a smaller washer under the head. The factory bolts seem to make it a little more secure.
View attachment 732
I bought mine from shopchevyparts for $207 plus shipping. I looked at the “Best, Most Secure” safe. Personally, the only advantage I see to it is the door covers the body of the safe. It looks like it uses the same lock as the Chevy safe. Honestly, any anti-theft device is only as good as the thief’s desire to get into it is. For a $100 less, I’m happy with the Chevy version. To each their own.

1678745801671.jpeg

I bought mine from shopchevyparts for $207 plus shipping. I looked at the “Best, Most Secure” safe. Personally, the only advantage I see to it is the door covers the body of the safe. It looks like it uses the same lock as the Chevy safe. Honestly, any anti-theft device is only as good as the thief’s desire to get into it is. For a $100 less, I’m happy with the Chevy version. To each their own.

View attachment 2125
It's not about the lock, but the lock options and construction of the safe itself. In my RAM, I bought the Extreme version with a digital keypad lock, which has a few advantages as well. This safe is far more difficult to deal with than any other safe I researched on the market. To each their own indeed. You're happy...I'm happy.

It's not about the lock, but the lock options and construction of the safe itself. In my RAM, I bought the Extreme version with a digital keypad lock, which has a few advantages as well. This safe is far more difficult to deal with than any other safe I researched on the market. To each their own indeed. You're happy...I'm happy.

This one seems to have the same 'combi-com' stamp on the lock as on the one offered by Chevy which makes me think they may be made by the same manufacturer, though maybe it is constructed better 🤷🏻‍♂️.

This one seems to have the same 'combi-com' stamp on the lock as on the one offered by Chevy which makes me think they may be made by the same manufacturer, though maybe it is constructed better 🤷🏻‍♂️.
They are not made by the same manufacturer. I know the manufacturer and did a group buy with them on the RAM forum.

Last edited:
I have the GM Safe and it works but it's not great. If you plan on using the safe everyday or at least on a regular basis I would spend the extra money on a better one from one of the safe websites.

FEE35B0A-AF7B-40C2-A416-60EC9A813309.jpeg

Found the lock option pictures for the Lock’er Down option. Looks like a Home Depot run could solve a “digital lock” conversion. Might hook up a ring doorbell too! lol

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back