Doornail dead ZR2

Stretch1560z

Reaction score
Went to get in my truck today and lone behold...nothing other than some dim pulsing interior lights and dim pulsing taillights that went on for 20 minutes after closing the door...really befuddled about this🤔 The truck was washed about a week ago and put away for the past week since I work a power plant swing shiftt and today was my day off...havent put a jump pack on it or anything else. Called dealer and make them come and get it on a rollback, let them see what it is doing. I wonder if the OTA (which has been the mandatory acceptance update and the DRL update) I'm at approx. 2400 mi and not very pleased about this. I understand that it is a piece of machinery and there will be issues,but for a 77k pricetag...I expect a little higher standard. Also, it has been back to the dealer twice for the collision avoidance light being illuminated all the time and was told it should be on when the system is defeated by the owner.🤔...also noticed that my brake controller was giving me a warning to reset every time I started the truck with my trailer connected...all after receiving the OTAs. I apologize.for the long post and will appreciate the forum input. We'll see what the service Dept at my dealer says. 2023 GLACIER BLUE ZR2, factory Borla,stubby antenna,bedstake caps,led upgrade to reverse lights and license plate leds.👍

Attachments

• 20230324_092809.jpg
    20230324_092809.jpg
    813.5 KB · Views: 141
Reactions: AXE
Went to get in my truck today and lone behold...nothing other than some dim pulsing interior lights and dim pulsing taillights that went on for 20 minutes after closing the door...really befuddled about this🤔 The truck was washed about a week ago and put away for the past week since I work a power plant swing shiftt and today was my day off...havent put a jump pack on it or anything else. Called dealer and make them come and get it on a rollback, let them see what it is doing. I wonder if the OTA (which has been the mandatory acceptance update and the DRL update) I'm at approx. 2400 mi and not very pleased about this. I understand that it is a piece of machinery and there will be issues,but for a 77k pricetag...I expect a little higher standard. Also, it has been back to the dealer twice for the collision avoidance light being illuminated all the time and was told it should be on when the system is defeated by the owner.🤔...also noticed that my brake controller was giving me a warning to reset every time I started the truck with my trailer connected...all after receiving the OTAs. I apologize.for the long post and will appreciate the forum input. We'll see what the service Dept at my dealer says. 2023 GLACIER BLUE ZR2, factory Borla,stubby antenna,bedstake caps,led upgrade to reverse lights and license plate leds.👍
That sucks! Please keep us updated. I haven't heard of this issue.

Hope they get it sorted fast. Definitely a lot of quality issues with electronics and software updates on these rigs.

At least you can rely on your Can Am....... most of the time...... mine was running weird yesterday.

I haven't towed with mine, but might pull my boat and 16 foot trailer with my Can Am. Does the suspension squat much? I have a Duramax and run airbags so it's never an issue, but I hate squatting trucks.

AXE...No problems with my towing setup...6" drop stinger with my tandem aluminum trailer...rides like theres nothin behind me...1100 lb on the alum trailer and 2000 lb on the Can Am...pulls like theres nothin behind it...just gotta get the ole girl outta the garage so I can make my next trip on the 20th of this month...the 6.2 runs right with the dizzle crowd I run with.

I don't run power plants, but I do develop, permit, and construct them, along with HV/EHV powerlines. All my work is out west, but the firm does work all over the country.

I'm working on early stages developing a new gas fired peaker plant in NW Arizona right now.

They are few and far between nowadays. They just got through tearing down 2250 MW coal plant in northern Arizona........ wrong side of politics on the Indian reservation near the Grand Canyon.

Im just disappointed with the fact that no problems a little over 8 days ago to today...dead truck...🤔🙄

And gotcha on the PP thing...my facility is done in 2029,and GM and the rest of the vehicle manufacturers with the guberment are PREACHING...EVs...đź‘Ž

I got some buddies working at lignite coal plants and mines in North Dokata. The state is doing a lot to keep them alive, but one shut down and they are trying to kill a second one, but now the utility says its gonna keep it going a while.

Equipment Operator....the eyes of the Unit Operator....
I learned the trade in a Scott Paper Co. paper mill in Everett WA.
They built a 52 MW turbine generator and sold power back to the local PUD, and used the exhaust to run the plant processes...
Burned hog fuel and also burned the waste lignin left over from the pulp process.
They shut the place down in 2012, and I ended up in a steam plant on the Seattle Waterfront, really cool plant...

8 years later Boeing hired me to run their boilers in Everett, and cut my commute in half!!

Any word on your ZR2?

Went on the rollback at 0500 this morn. Haven't heard anything yet, however when I was talking to the 2 service writers that I have worked with,we came to the conclusion initially that it is parasitic drain more than likely caused by the DRL OTA update...I also relayed to the SW that I want the OTA updates eliminated since I live about 30 min from the dealership.We'll see and I will post everything I find out...đź‘Ť

Forgot to post that ole blue was a total brick...took about 20min to get it started thats how dead it was.

Ole blue is home...heres the conclusion of its trip to the dealer...🤔🙄

Attachments

• 20230414_220021.jpg
    20230414_220021.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 20230414_220036.jpg
    20230414_220036.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 20230414_220047.jpg
    20230414_220047.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 74