LED License Plate Bulbs

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I was not able to fit my hands in there so I removed one bolt on the bracket that is connected to the bumper and the bracket moved enough for me to get my hand in there. I can take a pic when I get home
Thx, that'll be great

Am I pulling out the whole gray part? Quarter turn or straight pull?

I removed the black from the gray with the clips and that seems wrong. Can't get that gray piece to budge with limited space

Attachments

• 20230404_155408.jpg
    20230404_155408.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 66
I removed the black from the gray with the clips and that seems wrong. Can't get that gray piece to budge with limited space
The gray socket twists and then pops out...it does not pull out without a twist. Do NOT pull the black part of the clip off.

I was not able to fit my hands in there so I removed one bolt on the bracket that is connected to the bumper and the bracket moved enough for me to get my hand in there. I can take a pic when I get home
Pics would be great when you get a chance!

This video helped me…
WOW...never thought I'd see a video on something so simple. Yes, it was a bit of a pain to get your hand in there...but, it's a bulb replacement...twist and pull and done.

I got the bulb out, but unfortunately the JDM Astars I have are a little long and get pressed against the plastic outer housing on the bumper exterior. I'll have to get another brand. The reverse lights were a breeze, this is a b*tch.

Reactions: AXE
WOW...never thought I'd see a video on something so simple. Yes, it was a bit of a pain to get your hand in there...but, it's a bulb replacement...twist and pull and done.
Look in the top left corner of the video…it looks like it was done by Marines for Marines. He broke it down Barney style. Unless you were / are a Marine…you wouldn’t get it.

Attachments

• IMG_2444.jpeg
    IMG_2444.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 15
I got the bulb out, but unfortunately the JDM Astars I have are a little long and get pressed against the plastic outer housing on the bumper exterior. I'll have to get another brand. The reverse lights were a breeze, this is a b*tch.
I went on Amazon and got these for the plate lights:

They fit perfect, cheap and bright.

For anyone who hasn't gotten reverse bulbs:

Same review as the plate bulbs.

Granted I've had them in a week. If anything changes, I'll post it.

To get at them, I found it was best to come at them from an angle under the bar. Driver side was the worst... Got it done though.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Look in the top left corner of the video…it looks like it was done by Marines for Marines. He broke it down Barney style. Unless you were / are a Marine…you wouldn’t get it.
By Marines for Marines? I don't think so. But, he is a Marine and I thank him for his service.

Doesn't anybody like the ambience of the soft golden hue given off by stock lights on license plate?

Maybe there is a softer white light or lower lumens?

I think LEDs get overdone in some cases. It's like pulling into the neighborhood and everyone has the white beacons of light on their houses and garages nowadays. Looks like a fucking prison yard when someone is escaping.

Why do you want your license plate to look like a freeway billboard? Those lights hit your plug and spare tire release cover and reflect right back. Looks very cheap.

They should do like they do on the Tahoes. Single white led light (not too bright) shining down from above the plate. Those goofball side lights have always been shitty!

I'd like to black mine out, but the gestapo would be pulling me over for it.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230405_190033_Google.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230405_190033_Google.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 15
  • SmartSelect_20230405_190242_Google.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230405_190242_Google.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 13

Most Member Reactions

Back