LED License Plate Bulbs

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
These are what I had in my 1500. It actually replaces the whole housing vs just the bulbs. Might be a good option for the people having fitment issues with bulbs.
MbuyDIY LED License Plate Light Lamp Assembly Compatible with 2014-2023 Chevy Silverado GMC Sierra 15-22 Colorado Canyon Pickup Truck 6000K White, Pack of 2 https://a.co/d/2ks1OuZ

The following products on Amazon are discussed in this thread:

For the reverse backup lights. Thank you to @8ball_99 for the trial and error and additional pictures.

View attachment 1949

For the license plate bulb replacements @securityguy recommended the following:

View attachment 1950

These are the bulbs I used.

Or leave them alone, so you don't have bright ass lights on an otherwise shitty looking license plate.
lol AXE, I paid extra for my tag. Both the plate and the personalized Number. Might as well show it off at night too. 😅

lol AXE, I paid extra for my tag. Both the plate and the personalized Number. Might as well show it off at night too. 😅
Fuck those tags and plates they are worse than giant bowties. I just paid my tags for wife's Tahoe and it was $1100 for standard plates and I'm about to get a similar bill for the 1500. For that kind of money, I shouldn't have to have an ugly ass plate.

Fuck those tags and plates they are worse than giant bowties. I just paid my tags for wife's Tahoe and it was $1100 for standard plates and I'm about to get a similar bill for the 1500. For that kind of money, I shouldn't have to have an ugly ass plate.
Oh man. If you’re angry about that bill, I’d love to see your reaction when you open your pay stubs in the first quarter of every year. I hate taxes.

Reactions: AXE
$1100 for standard plates? Over what period of time are your plates good for? Plates here are under $100 for 2-year stickers.

Taxes are up and there's no deductions anymore. If you add up all the income, sales, vehicle license, gasoline, communications, utilites, property, business license taxes and fees you'd find it is probably 50%+ of your income. Everthing you touch is taxed heavily!

$1100 for standard plates? Over what period of time are your plates good for? Plates here are under $100 for 2-year stickers.
That's one year. It's horrible here. They have a complex formula that is primarily based upon estimated value of the vehicle each year. It's basically so they can build roads to meet demand for 3 decades of growth. If I keep that Tahoe for 10 years it'll cost me $10k to license it. Same for ZR2s.

If you see high end sports cars and RVs around here, they often have Montana plates. Owners register them in Montana and get a local PO box to avoid $5k fees for something they rarely drive.

That's one year. It's horrible here. They have a complex formula that is primarily based upon estimated value of the vehicle each year. It's basically so they can build roads to meet demand for 3 decades of growth. If I keep that Tahoe for 10 years it'll cost me $10k to license it. Same for ZR2s.

If you see high end sports cars and RVs around here, they often have Montana plates. Owners register them in Montana and get a local PO box to avoid $5k fees for something they rarely drive.
So...you are like Virginia. They call it "Personal Property Tax" and it appears to work the same as AZ.

It's just a vehicle tax from DMV. I think it goes primarily to design, construction, operations, maintenence of roads/ highways not the general fund. Overall taxes are middle of the road here. Income and property taxes not horrible. ND is much better, I might keep my place here, but reestablish my residency there now that I'm winding down work here.

It's just a vehicle tax from DMV. I think it goes primarily to design, construction, operations, maintenence of roads/ highways not the general fund. Overall taxes are middle of the road here. Income and property taxes not horrible. ND is much better, I might keep my place here, but reestablish my residency there now that I'm winding down work here.
In FL we have no state income tax and no DMV "taxes". Sales tax is at 6.5% which is very reasonable too.

The following products on Amazon are discussed in this thread:

For the reverse backup lights. Thank you to @8ball_99 for the trial and error and additional pictures.

View attachment 1949

For the license plate bulb replacements @securityguy recommended the following:

View attachment 1950

According to Amazon garage these reverse lights don't fit the 2023. Is that accurate?

According to Amazon garage these reverse lights don't fit the 2023. Is that accurate?
The ones I posted also work. I had a 2022 1500 ZR2. I now have a 2024 2500 ZR2. I reordered the same bulbs and they work in the 24 HD same as they did in the 22 1500.

Alla Lighting 912 921 LED Bulbs for Back-up Reverse Lights, 6000K Xenon White CAN-BUS 4014 30-SMD T10 T15 906 W16W 921K 922, 360° Light Backup, Cargo Lights Replacement, Extremely Super Bright https://a.co/d/5nO1wlP

I was not able to fit my hands in there so I removed one bolt on the bracket that is connected to the bumper and the bracket moved enough for me to get my hand in there. I can take a pic when I get home
soooooooooo GLAD YOU MENTIONED THAT. I also do not have child hands. After looking at the units, are they the standard "twist" type or are these release the detents or does one remove that screw at the bottom and pull the unit out that way? I do not want to "twist" it right off.... thanks!

Attachments

• lic light.png
    lic light.png
    275.2 KB · Views: 15
I believe it was a twist off. I recall this being fairly easy to do albeit a tight space to get to.

I believe it was a twist off. I recall this being fairly easy to do albeit a tight space to get to.
Whilst I was getting my tag from the dealer I asked the Tech/service guy..
"I don't know" was his answer.. Jesus.. Note to self, DO NOT take truck here for service..
Confirmed it is a twist. Rather ask a "dumb" question than break a new part. Thanks!

Well, after a lot of cussing and squirming I managed to get that dam little bugger (license plate bulb) out (had to use a pair of long needle nose locking vise grips) to reach and get it to turn. And dammit!!!! I ordered the wrong ones, they are too long (not the 194's).. DOH! Put it back in and ordered the RIGHT ONES. Went on to the reverse light swap. That was hastle free. Looks like I have spares...

Well, after a lot of cussing and squirming I managed to get that dam little bugger (license plate bulb) out (had to use a pair of long needle nose locking vise grips) to reach and get it to turn. And dammit!!!! I ordered the wrong ones, they are too long (not the 194's).. DOH! Put it back in and ordered the RIGHT ONES. Went on to the reverse light swap. That was hastle free. Looks like I have spares...
I would have left it hanging. At least your getting practice.

Most Member Reactions

Back