New ZR2 owner here....might be an idiot...

FYI, you can buy the valve simulator from AWE if you made the same mistake I did. $11 delivered. Reach out to their team via https://awe-tuning.com/pages/support.

I purchased my kit from RealTruck.com and requested support from them as well, but AWE responded first.

Once it delivers I'll share pics and confirm if installation eliminates CEL.

So the simulator came in Saturday. It's just a 1x1" plastic module that plugs directly into the valve sensor. My muffler shop kept the valve housing assembly and zip-tied it to the frame. You just unplug the sensor from the housing and plug the simulator into it and zip tie it to the frame or harness. CEL gone. Will take pics and post later.

After going back and forth with my wife, I'm going back to stock. I did love the sound at first but got old fast. It's LOUD on cold start and at 7AM every morning my neighborhood can't like it and I've got two small kids. I think I'm good with the stock exhaust, no check engine light, and remote start being functional again. I might revisit exhaust when companies have our new stuff down. Just hope the exhaust shop can get the stock back on there just like before.
Chad, I feel your pain! My ’22 ZR2 at start up rips up my peaceful neighborhood as well. Everyone knows when I’m exiting or coming in the the neighborhood. Cold starts in the winter really breaks the sound barrier! Every male in this hood though all secretly want a ZR2 for their own. LOL

Chad, I feel your pain! My ’22 ZR2 at start up rips up my peaceful neighborhood as well. Everyone knows when I’m exiting or coming in the the neighborhood. Cold starts in the winter really breaks the sound barrier! Every male in this hood though all secretly want a ZR2 for their own. LOL
The Magnaflow is the best balance for sound and price.

Throaty on start up, but not obnoxious. Sounds great rolling on and banging downshifts on the paddles it growls like it should rolling up to the stop lights.

If you want to test out the exhaust sound before you get a loud can, just do the $100 muffler delete. The best sound I heard from this motor was straight piped. This motor has a natural cadence that produces a throaty, rich sound. If it didn't drone, that's how I'd run it.

Most Member Reactions

Back