ZR2 Exhaust

The Borla system sounds fine but it doesn't sound good enough to spend almost $2k installed. My 6.2L trail boss has a Flowmaster 50 series and it sounds similar to the Borla system.

Corsa has told me they won't be starting R&D on the ZR2 System until July.

Borla just doesn't have the right tone for a truck in my opinion.

The Borla system sounds fine but it doesn't sound good enough to spend almost $2k installed. My 6.2L trail boss has a Flowmaster 50 series and it sounds similar to the Borla system.
I have the Flowmaster on my Z now with duals out the back. Personal choice. Love it.

Attachments

• 3D9C7931-9F00-46F0-A351-351BFA0CCA10.jpeg
    3D9C7931-9F00-46F0-A351-351BFA0CCA10.jpeg
    430 KB · Views: 216
Chevy has a GET20 code you can use on their accessories website through 5/31 to save around $359 on the Borla. I used this in addition to my ChevyRewards and came out around 1536 for the exhaust and install.

It sounds better than the Borla toy ears. That answer it?
Have you heard the Borla in person? Or going off a video recorded on a phone? Borla sounds great in person.

No. I have watched their YT vids, magnaflow, AWE, Flowmaster etc. The AWE sounds the best to me. Plus that anti-drone tech is attractive. I can make phone calls, listen to music, but when I want to hear the sweet sound I can.

I can say the borla is louder than my C8 at start up and sounds awesome. It quiets up nice and hardly noticeable at cruising speed unless you put your foot in it and then it let's you know. I have also noticed an increase in my mpg.

I can say the borla is louder than my C8 at start up and sounds awesome. It quiets up nice and hardly noticeable at cruising speed unless you put your foot in it and then it let's you know. I have also noticed an increase in my mpg.
I believe this! I purchased my ZR2 with the Borla exhaust, dealer put it on for me before I took delivery. I remember when my sales guy took me to the truck and started it. It was LOUD. But it does quickly quiet down after about 30 seconds. Driving under tunnels and giving it a little gas just puts a smile on my face LOL.

The Chevrolet Performance exhaust by Borla that if offered through the dealer, does anyone know if it is the S-Type model or the Atak Model. Or is there another place you guys have been buying through?

The Chevrolet Performance exhaust by Borla that if offered through the dealer, does anyone know if it is the S-Type model or the Atak Model. Or is there another place you guys have been buying through?
Definitely an S-Type. If you check out TFL's video "Listen to the New 2022 Chevy Silverado ZR2 V8" while they are showing the exhaust, you can see that there are actually two mufflers. If you google search Borla Exhaust installation guide for the silverado/sierra 1500s you will find all their exhaust systems printed out on 1 document. Only the S-type uses a rear muffler in addition to the front muffler. Hard to explain but hope this helps

Definitely an S-Type. If you check out TFL's video "Listen to the New 2022 Chevy Silverado ZR2 V8" while they are showing the exhaust, you can see that there are actually two mufflers. If you google search Borla Exhaust installation guide for the silverado/sierra 1500s you will find all their exhaust systems printed out on 1 document. Only the S-type uses a rear muffler in addition to the front muffler. Hard to explain but hope this helps
Thank you I appreciate it. Yeah I’m waiting for the Atak and Borla’s website still doesn’t show anything available yet.

Anyone from NY notice the exhaust is no longer available? My dealer says they’re not allowed to order it or install it, due to a new law.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back