ZR2 Exhaust

It was not factory installed, it was installed by the dealer. No Borla exhaust systems are installed at the factory. It can be ordered with the truck but they are all shipped separate from the truck and installed by the ordering dealer.
yes you are correct, the person who ordered the truck back in May of 2022 ordered it with the borla exhaust. I was waiting for mine to arrive when the dealer called me up and said i can have this one and not have to wait another month.

I can confirm that my zr2 I purchased on September 9th, came with the Borla exhaust from the Factory.
Looks like the dealer just installed your Borla aft of the original muffler! You're running two mufflers?!

Last edited:
Looks like the dealer just installed your Borla aft of the original muffler! You're running two mufflers?!
The Borla "S" system has a resonator behind the Borla muffler. So it's correct. Mine is just like that and I have the stock exhaust system sitting in my garage. The "S" cold started inside the garage sounds like a C8 to me. I think the ATAK has no resonator behind the muffler.

The Borla "S" system has a resonator behind the Borla muffler. So it's correct. Mine is just like that and I have the stock exhaust system sitting in my garage. The "S" cold started inside the garage sounds like a C8 to me. I think the ATAK has no resonator behind the muffler.
I see it now; the main Borla muffler is in pic #5. I was looking at Borla's website, it looks like it is maybe Borla's 140914 with the mid-level S-Type sound level?

In a former 2017 GMC Yukon Denali 6.2L that I had, the go-to muffler swap was the Magnaflow 12909; there are a bunch of good reviews on that muffler with this motor. I put it in my Yukon when it was relatively new and never had any issues with drone. I did keep my flapper valve on that vehicle, though. I see that on the Borla kit there is no flapper valve and I trust that there is no drone? I ordered a M/F 12909 and am leaning on omitting the flapper valve when I install it.

I see it now; the main Borla muffler is in pic #5. I was looking at Borla's website, it looks like it is maybe Borla's 140914 with the mid-level S-Type sound level?

In a former 2017 GMC Yukon Denali 6.2L that I had, the go-to muffler swap was the Magnaflow 12909; there are a bunch of good reviews on that muffler with this motor. I put it in my Yukon when it was relatively new and never had any issues with drone. I did keep my flapper valve on that vehicle, though. I see that on the Borla kit there is no flapper valve and I trust that there is no drone? I ordered a M/F 12909 and am leaning on omitting the flapper valve when I install it.
Two things: 1. Magnaflow are EXCELLENT mufflers. 2. REMOVE the flapper valve!

Most Member Reactions

Back