295/70r/18 will fit stock?

Some close ups of 295/70/18 Nitto Recon Grapplers on bone stock ZR2 (no level, no spacers, stock 18” rims). No apparent rubbing, but definitely close. 1.5-2” level would be ideal.
Do you have any photos of how they look on the truck?

Looks like you trimmed the front bumper. Why not trim the rear plastic fender protection? I have some photos of how I did mine with 295s and it gives you the clearance you need in rear wheel well.
I didn’t trim anything at all, Passenger side carpet liner has some fraying on edge, but not from new tires.

Do you have any photos of how they look on the truck?
Very happy with them. I’ve had slightly smaller Recon’s on my 2021 Trailboss, but these are quieter on ZR2. Maybe less road noise with ZR2 in general.

Attachments

• IMG_9430.jpeg
    IMG_9430.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 713
  • IMG_9428.jpeg
    IMG_9428.jpeg
    315 KB · Views: 709
Very happy with them. I’ve had slightly smaller Recon’s on my 2021 Trailboss, but these are quieter on ZR2. Maybe less road noise with ZR2 in general.
Awesome looking truck. Glad to see there is no rubbing on a completely stock suspension and wheels. I plan to Go with that same brand and size tires now. Thanks for all the information.

I didn’t trim anything at all, Passenger side carpet liner has some fraying on edge, but not from new tires.
ALLTRU,
Still no problem with rubbing now that you have had the new size tires on for a while?

ALLTRU,
Still no problem with rubbing now that you have had the new size tires on for a while?
Just do it and see what happens. Every picture I've seen with larger tires and spacers or negative offset rims looks like they would rub. Some say they don't and I believe everyone when they are sitting in the driveway with wheels straight.

If you plan on turning corners, backing up out of your driveway, going through a dip, tight turns on choppy offroad terrain, then I expect your going to get some rubbing. Plan accordingly and be ready to trim.

I trimmed mine quite a bit and it looks good. If I am backing, turning hard, while in a slight incline, then I still get a little rubbing on passenger side rear wheel well.

Last edited:
Curious what everyone is running on these 8 ply tires as all list 80 Psi on the sidewall.

My few talks with BFG mentioned about 45lbs being as low as they recommend.

Not sure what Nitto states. Hate to sacrifice ride quality with 50+ Psi in the tires on a half ton.

Reactions: AXE
Curious what everyone is running on these 8 ply tires as all list 80 Psi on the sidewall.

My few talks with BFG mentioned about 45lbs being as low as they recommend.

Not sure what Nitto states. Hate to sacrifice ride quality with 50+ Psi in the tires on a half ton.
I'm running 35-37 psi on my Toyo Open Country RT Trails. Ran 38 and 40, but 37 was best balance for ride quality and handling. 35 psi was definitely a little softer, but 10 ply is still a heavy sidewall, so only so good on pavement. I'd run 40 to 50 psi if was towing long distance and had some weight.

I run 58 psi on my Duramax daily and 75 when towing heavy. I've run them offroad at 15 to 30 in some terrain.

Those look awesome! I’ve got the sand dune as well. Did fuel mileage take a hit with them? I know they are a fairly heave tire. Any troubles balancing?
I haven’t noticed much as far as fuel mileage hit. As far as balancing, I just had them balanced and rotated (Discount Tire) and initially there was a little wobble that has seemingly worked itself out.

Installed P295/70/18 Nitto Recons a few weeks ago. These are the 5 ply tires like the Territory MT stock tire are. I did not op for the LT tires since they are meant for 3/4 Ton 2500's. Anyway, the P rated tires are a better application on a 1/2 ton truck. No rubbing what so ever. Ride is much quieter than the factory GY's. Really like the look too and no mods to deal with.

Attachments

• Nitto R.jpg
    Nitto R.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 510
  • Nitto ZR2.jpg
    Nitto ZR2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 505
Very minor changes but happy with outcome.. 285/70/18 Nitto ridge grappler and fuel blitz wheels +20 offset. The nittos ride much better and quieter than expected compared to the Goodyear MTs.

6F0D652A-0DDA-4B4F-9DF1-6D473E1C4ECA.jpeg

Attachments

• BEED98B1-E6AD-48EA-AC7A-E68334AB15B1.jpeg
    BEED98B1-E6AD-48EA-AC7A-E68334AB15B1.jpeg
    619.1 KB · Views: 233
  • 3650120B-0D78-4C16-940D-6474779425AC.jpeg
    3650120B-0D78-4C16-940D-6474779425AC.jpeg
    498.7 KB · Views: 235
Very minor changes but happy with outcome.. 285/70/18 Nitto ridge grappler and fuel blitz wheels +20 offset. The nittos ride much better and quieter than expected compared to the Goodyear MTs.

View attachment 6356
Was actually going to post about these exact tires.

10lbs lighter then the 295’s and only .3” shorter and .25” narrower.

These things are the sweet spot for these trucks.

Exactly my plan once the GY’s wear a little more.

Reactions: AXE
Was actually going to post about these exact tires.

10lbs lighter then the 295’s and only .3” shorter and .25” narrower.

These things are the sweet spot for these trucks.

Exactly my plan once the GY’s wear a little more.
Agreed. I was going to wait as well but I was able to sell the stock wheels and tires for about 1500 so the new set only cost me about 1500. Well worth it to me especially going to the nittos being so much quieter

Agreed. I was going to wait as well but I was able to sell the stock wheels and tires for about 1500 so the new set only cost me about 1500. Well worth it to me especially going to the nittos being so much quieter
Thank you. No really thank you. Best news of my day. Because I absolutely hate driving on these MT’s

59 lbs each 34x11.50’s can’t go wrong.

Last edited:
Thank you. No really thank you. Best news of my day. Because I absolutely hate driving on these MT’s

59 lbs each 34x11.50’s can’t go wrong.
no problem glad it helps someone. I honestly didn’t think the MTs were bad or loud as I came from driving a Jeep rubicon with 35 BFGs but then when I got the nittos I was shocked in the difference

no problem glad it helps someone. I honestly didn’t think the MTs were bad or loud as I came from driving a Jeep rubicon with 35 BFGs but then when I got the nittos I was shocked in the difference
BFGs were good tires in 1980s and 90s, but they haven't been relevant since Toyo, Mickey Thompson, and to some degree Nitto came along and changed the off road big tire game for the better.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back