Amaze's Simple ZR2 Mods

anton3ooo

Founding Member
Reaction score
Nothing special or crazy. Just a few simple (mostly aesthetic) mods that I have done to my ZR2 to make it more me! Thought I'd share with my fellow ZR2's out there. Honestly, the steering wheel mod is something that I think GM should have done stock. Maybe not the 12 o'clock marker but at least the yellow stitching which compliments the rest of the yellowish interior theme.

Mods:
  • Tint to match factory rear (pic was taken right after tinting. Has gotten darker since curing process)
  • Car LED Lights USB connected through glovebox USB port (Great because they turn on and off automatically upon vehicle entry and exit)
  • East Detailing Steering Wheel Cover (Suede at top and bottom with perforated leather on sides)
  • Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Cover Trim (Last 2 Pictures)
  • Chevy Performance Exhaust for ZR2/AT4X (AKA Borla S-Type)

Attachments

• IMG_3269.jpg
    IMG_3269.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 616
  • IMG_3296.jpg
    IMG_3296.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_3314.jpg
    IMG_3314.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG_3317.jpg
    IMG_3317.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_3318.jpg
    IMG_3318.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 487
  • AC6E4CEB-5216-410B-A874-B1EB52F6079B.jpeg
    AC6E4CEB-5216-410B-A874-B1EB52F6079B.jpeg
    345 KB · Views: 375
  • C0AA6305-0EFF-45AF-9915-C9352D1133EA.jpeg
    C0AA6305-0EFF-45AF-9915-C9352D1133EA.jpeg
    388.4 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:
Nothing special or crazy. Just a few simple (mostly aesthetic) mods that I have done to my ZR2 to make it more me! Thought I'd share with my fellow ZR2's out there. Honestly, the steering wheel mod is something that I think GM should have done stock. Maybe not the 12 o'clock marker but at least the yellow stitching which compliments the rest of the yellowish interior theme.

Mods:
  • Tint to match factory rear (pic was taken right after tinting. Has gotten darker since curing process)
  • Car LED Lights USB connected through glovebox USB port (Great because they turn on and off automatically upon vehicle entry and exit)
  • East Detailing Steering Wheel Cover (Suede at top and bottom with perforated leather on sides)
I like the steering wheel cover...may do that one myself. How was the installation? Do you have the instructions you can post or email?

I like the steering wheel cover...may do that one myself. How was the installation? Do you have the instructions you can post or email?
Installation was not too bad for me. But I’ll be honest its not the easiest thing. I watched a lot of youtube videos on installation before I bought it. The steering wheel cover is custom made to your wheel which is nice. Then you apply double sided tape which is included then sew it with the included stitch thread (I chose yellow for thread color). Total time was about 3 hours. It definitely requires patience. I’ll take a picture of the instructions for you. Honestly the youtube videos was more helpful if you just search “East Detailing Steering Wheel Cover”

Also I have never sewed a thing in my life and this wasn’t bad at all once I got going, just requires patience.

Installation was not too bad for me. But I’ll be honest its not the easiest thing. I watched a lot of youtube videos on installation before I bought it. The steering wheel cover is custom made to your wheel which is nice. Then you apply double sided tape which is included then sew it with the included stitch thread (I chose yellow for thread color). Total time was about 3 hours. It definitely requires patience. I’ll take a picture of the instructions for you. Honestly the youtube videos was more helpful if you just search “East Detailing Steering Wheel Cover”

Also I have never sewed a thing in my life and this wasn’t bad at all once I got going, just requires patience.
I saw a video, but it was with the wheel removed. I may give this a try...3 hours? WOW! t looks amazing though...great job my friend!

What brand of LED's did you go with for the interior lighting? I'm looking for something to lighten it up inside at night and I like the idea of coming on when you get in the truck.

Edit: I also did the east detailing leather cover but I went with the blue stitching and the blue center ring. It was a pain in the ass but totally worth it.

What brand of LED's did you go with for the interior lighting? I'm looking for something to lighten it up inside at night and I like the idea of coming on when you get in the truck.

Edit: I also did the east detailing leather cover but I went with the blue stitching and the blue center ring. It was a pain in the ass but totally worth it.
Here is the link for the lights:

Glad to hear you also did the east detailing steering wheel cover. Yes, it definitely takes some patience and time, but I also think it was worth it! Care to share photos of yours? I am curious to see the blue stitching because I was thinking about doing blue haha

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That steering wheel cover is cool! Do you have to remove factory cover, or does it go over it, making the wheel thicker? Any issues with the heated function?

Last edited:
That steering wheel cover is cool! Do you have to remove factory cover, or does it go over it, making the wheel thicker? Any issues with the heated function?
No need to remove anything. Cover goes right over factory wheel!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Mods:
  • Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Cover Trim (Last 2 Pictures)
HOW DOES THE STEERING WHEEEL COVER (YELLOW COLOR) MATCH UP WITH THE FACTORY LIME GREEN/ YELLOW STITCH IN THE INTERIOR? LOOKS CLOSE.

Most Member Reactions

Back