Garage Door Opener Problem

AXE

Reaction score
I can't get my garage door opener buttons on the GM Homelink system tonsync up with my garage opener. I've tried all three methods listed in the book and nothing work. Anybody have this problem and a solution?

I programmed my wife's 2023 Tahoe first attempt using the learn buttton on the back of garge opener housing. Redid it to confirm it worked the second time. No problems there.

I can't get my garage door opener buttons on the GM Homelink system tonsync up with my garage opener. I've tried all three methods listed in the book and nothing work. Anybody have this problem and a solution?

I programmed my wife's 2023 Tahoe first attempt using the learn buttton on the back of garge opener housing. Redid it to confirm it worked the second time. No problems there.
Hold down buttons 1 and 3 for about 30 seconds to do a full reset of Homelink and then try it again.

Hold down buttons 1 and 3 for about 30 seconds to do a full reset of Homelink and then try it again.
I did that several times.

Flashing sequence seems to work most of the time, but never really connects. Sometimes flashing seems random.

I had a similar problem with my wife's previous Tahoe or my Duramax. Can't recall which one, but all of a sudden it just seemed to work after several attemps.

Maybe give it another go tonight.

I did that several times.

Flashing sequence seems to work most of the time, but never really connects. Sometimes flashing seems random.

I had a similar problem with my wife's previous Tahoe or my Duramax. Can't recall which one, but all of a sudden it just seemed to work after several attemps.

Maybe give it another go tonight.
Did you get it to work?
Have you tried doing the learn process by pressing the button on the back of the garage door opener first, then pressing a homelink button within 30 seconds?

No go! I've tried several more times. All three ways. I've done several vehicles and they usually work petty easily. This is on a growing list of problems I'm going to have the dealer fix. Once I have about 15 things total in a few days, I'm going to drop it off and let them go to town.

Last edited:
When we moved, my wife’s 2013 Yukon didn’t work with our garage door opener. My ZR2 works with our garage door now. I’d Google your garage door opener and see if it is compatible with the ZR2. There’s a slight chance it may not be compatible.

When we moved, my wife’s 2013 Yukon didn’t work with our garage door opener. My ZR2 works with our garage door now. I’d Google your garage door opener and see if it is compatible with the ZR2. There’s a slight chance it may not be compatible.
Unless it's a VERY OLD opener, or an "off brand", no reason it shouldn't work. I would find it hard to believe it's not compatible with the ZR2. Not much with Homelink has changed in like 20 years.

It's a standard issue Chamberlain Liftmaster about 20 years old. I did my wife's 2023 Tahoe and it took seconds to register. I've had other vehicles hooked up, but I recall one of them being a PIA too.

It's a standard issue Chamberlain Liftmaster about 20 years old. I did my wife's 2023 Tahoe and it took seconds to register. I've had other vehicles hooked up, but I recall one of them being a PIA too.
I have the same model garage door opener and couldn't get mine to program either. Ended up buying a universal fob on Amazon and it paired instantly.

Reactions: AXE
That might be worth a shot. They aren't expensive. Which one did you get?

When I paired the first time with button # 1, it didn't work. Then I tried button # 2, same issue. I tried few times.

But after few mins and I pressed just 1st button again and garage opener worked.

Also range of door opener is not that good compared to one I had on my previous, but different vehicle.

Before y
I tried these new remotes and no worky.......some day I'll go to the dealer and tell them to replace it.
Before you do that, I’d ask a neighbor or friend if you can try and program to their garage to see if it’s your garage or the truck. May save sometime without your truck.

Before y

Before you do that, I’d ask a neighbor or friend if you can try and program to their garage to see if it’s your garage or the truck. May save sometime without your truck.
I don't know if it matters, I did my wife's 2023 Tahoe in the same 30 minute period and it locked in first try and didn't take 30 seconds.

Mine flashes differently every time I touch it. Has to be a bad part or software issue. #ChiNa

I don't know if it matters, I did my wife's 2023 Tahoe in the same 30 minute period and it locked in first try and didn't take 30 seconds.

Mine flashes differently every time I touch it. Has to be a bad part or software issue. #ChiNa
Let's know how it goes.

Looking for info on how I can reset a single Homelink button. I have two of the three programmed but the third keeps failing and it seems the only way to reset one is to reset all of them. There's got to be another way.

Looking for info on how I can reset a single Homelink button. I have two of the three programmed but the third keeps failing and it seems the only way to reset one is to reset all of them. There's got to be another way.
You cannot reset just one. Hold down the #1 and #3 buttons for about 30 seconds and it will clear everything out of the Homelink.

You can reprogram over top of a button, but you cannot "clear" it completely.

Most Member Reactions

Back