Garage Door Opener Problem

Have your garage remote in hand. Hold down the Homelink button you want to reprogram while holding down the button on the remote. The light will start flashing green, I believe, once the new code was programmed. No different than you did before when programming the other buttons. You then need to learn that button into your garage door opener for it to work. Feel free to PM me and I'll share my cell for a conversation.
There are no green lights on the Homelink, only red. There are different cadences for the red light flashing to indicate where your at in the programming process.

If you have a rolling code remote, it can never be done with just the clicker. You must use the openers learn button every time.
Manual doesn't say anything about that. It says you can make it work by reapteadly pressing homelink button until it connects. But I think it times out too.

You'd have to a garage door opener that is 30+ years old to not have rolling codes......that's old tech.

Last edited:
This sucks. My 1500 got connected immediately. I had replaced by garage door opener about 12 years back.

But range is not that good. Truck has to be close to garage compared to my car.
Yeah, range ain't good. I don't really use mine much for parking vehicles. I've got my garage full of important stuff like boat, motorcycles, SxS and tools. I still use clicker in my SxS more than anything.....LOL. I still expect to use the Homelink once in a while, so that's why I had them fix it, when I was getting some other work done.

Manual doesn't say anything about that. It says you can make it work by reapteadly pressing homelink button until it connects. But I think it times out too.

You'd have to a garage door opener that is 30+ years old to not have rolling codes......that's old tech.
I haven't read the ZR2 manual because I haven't had to. Every other car/truck I've had specifically states that with a rolling code transmitter you MUST learn the remote into the Homelink receiver and then press the LEARN button on the garage door opener and then press the Homelink button you programmed 3-4 times and it will program into your opener. Never in my life have I ever had an issue with this with any vehicle I've owned. You can never get it to work without using the learn feature on your opener if you have rolling code transmitters.

Reactions: AXE
There are no green lights on the Homelink, only red. There are different cadences for the red light flashing to indicate where your at in the programming process.
You are correct. Most HL units have green and red. We only have red. When you learn the remote into HL, you hold the transmitter down while holding the HL button you want to program until the HL light flashes a FAST red blink. That tells you it's completed. You then learn it into your opener after pressing the openers learn button. Super easy...really it is!

I haven't read the ZR2 manual because I haven't had to. Every other car/truck I've had specifically states that with a rolling code transmitter you MUST learn the remote into the Homelink receiver and then press the LEARN button on the garage door opener and then press the Homelink button you programmed 3-4 times and it will program into your opener. Never in my life have I ever had an issue with this with any vehicle I've owned. You can never get it to work without using the learn feature on your opener if you have rolling code transmitters.

You should definitely read the manual tho!

You are correct. Most HL units have green and red. We only have red. When you learn the remote into HL, you hold the transmitter down while holding the HL button you want to program until the HL light flashes a FAST red blink. That tells you it's completed. You then learn it into your opener after pressing the openers learn button. Super easy...really it is!
Just like it says in the manual!

I was able to program our gate clicker in about a minute. Fussed with pressing the learn button on our 10 year old chamberlain's for about an hour. Finally gave up. Had to program a universal chamberlain remote using the learn button. Then used the remote to program the trucks homelink. Took about a minute each for 2 openers. Gate and both openers work fine now.

I was able to program our gate clicker in about a minute. Fussed with pressing the learn button on our 10 year old chamberlain's for about an hour. Finally gave up. Had to program a universal chamberlain remote using the learn button. Then used the remote to program the trucks homelink. Took about a minute each for 2 openers. Gate and both openers work fine now.
My gate isn't programmable. They HOA won't fix it to work with Homelink. Yet those dumb bastards are replacing street signs to improve aesthetics. They must work for the government.

My gate isn't programmable. They HOA won't fix it to work with Homelink. Yet those dumb bastards are replacing street signs to improve aesthetics. They must work for the government.
frickin commie HOA

frickin commie HOA
Mine had been pretty good over the last 20 years. We have a lot of freedoms.most HOAs don't. However it's only a matter of time before commies and Karen's get in and mess it up. These are large.lots and we all built her because of the extra space for our shit. Now they are bitching about campers and trailers and leaf in your yard, yet the dog park had fell into a state of disrepair and is the only eyesore in the whole damn neighborhood. Somehow they got a leaf nazi watching single leaves fall from my tree and how many hours I have my SXS on my trailer in front of my house.

I sent them pictures of the dog park and said if they ever send me another letter this was gonna be Exhibts ABCD.......when I have there ass in court. I wasnt the only one with that message. Haven't heard much from them in the last months. I think they got the message.

frickin commie HOA
Mine had been pretty good over the last 20 years. We have a lot of freedoms most HOAs don't and costs low and haven't ve hardly increased. However, it's only a matter of time before commies and Karen's get in and mess it up. These are large lots and we all built herebecause of the extra space for our shit. Now they are bitching about campers and trailers and a leaf in your yard, yet the dog park has fell into a state of disrepair and is the only eyesore in the whole damn neighborhood. Somehow they got a leaf nazi watching single leaves fall from my tree and how many hours I have my SXS on my trailer in front of my house.

I sent them pictures of the dog park and said if they ever contact me again this would be Exhibit ABCD......when I drag their asses to court. I wasn't the only one with that message. Haven't heard much from them in 6 months, so I think we made a point.

Mine had been pretty good over the last 20 years. We have a lot of freedoms most HOAs don't and costs low and haven't ve hardly increased. However, it's only a matter of time before commies and Karen's get in and mess it up. These are large lots and we all built herebecause of the extra space for our shit. Now they are bitching about campers and trailers and a leaf in your yard, yet the dog park has fell into a state of disrepair and is the only eyesore in the whole damn neighborhood. Somehow they got a leaf nazi watching single leaves fall from my tree and how many hours I have my SXS on my trailer in front of my house.

I sent them pictures of the dog park and said if they ever contact me again this would be Exhibit ABCD......when I drag their asses to court. I wasn't the only one with that message. Haven't heard much from them in 6 months, so I think we made a point.
MURICA!!!!

HOA' scare me....when i retire, im set up on 20 acres in the mountains. no karens or karls knocking on my door for a tree leaf violation. good man @AXE

HOA' scare me....when i retire, im set up on 20 acres in the mountains. no karens or karls knocking on my door for a tree leaf violation. good man @AXE
Yep, should be able to piss off your porch and then you know your far enough away from everyone else.

Most Member Reactions

Back