B9241E9B-BC45-4552-901E-AFD722D2327B.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 135
  • 4E3876A6-D91F-4769-8DA9-8F0222355216.jpeg
    4E3876A6-D91F-4769-8DA9-8F0222355216.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 130
  • CB1B001C-466D-4DF7-B4C3-1CB0499A233C.jpeg
    CB1B001C-466D-4DF7-B4C3-1CB0499A233C.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 132
I'm sure there will be a recall on this. If not, there's probably going to be a class action lawsuit as I'm guessing that at least 80% of Trail Bosses and ZR2s will develop this issue. 100% of the Trail Bosses we've gotten have had it. I didn't know about it when our ZR2 arrived so I never looked for it.

I'm sure there will be a recall on this. If not, there's probably going to be a class action lawsuit as I'm guessing that at least 80% of Trail Bosses and ZR2s will develop this issue. 100% of the Trail Bosses we've gotten have had it. I didn't know about it when our ZR2 arrived so I never looked for it.
Do you know if any doors or hoods are chipping on the AT4X?

Also, whats the best channel to file a notice/complaint with Chevy? They seem to have a bunch of emails and contact addresses on the webs.

Reactions: Ben
Anyone else notice paint chipped off around the hood insert? I have paint that flaked off on both front corners of the hood insert
Noticed mine yesterday around the front and both upper corners. If this is happening after 350 miles on the truck, what’s to come. Lord they don’t make them like they used to

Attachments

• 18269B79-2118-4740-8A81-D7898A5B79D8.jpeg
    18269B79-2118-4740-8A81-D7898A5B79D8.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 78
How about not putting the hood insert back on after repaint?
That shouldn’t matter. The hood is aluminum and being a painter I know paint already doesn’t adhere to aluminum as well as steel. Chances are, they didn’t have the raw material for the paint that they used to use and now we’re stuck with the problem. I’m thinking bout fixing the chips myself and doing a vinyl hood wrap

I brought mine to the dealership today. Summit White, with chipping on 3 of the 4 doors, and starting to chip on the hood. We’ll see what they say. I watched the service guy look through their system, and there are no GM bulletins or notices in the system yet.

What are you all doing with the problem? Have you brought it to the dealership to fix?

The service guy said it may take multiple weeks to fix because the body shop is backed up!! Better give me a rental then!

I brought mine to the dealership today. Summit White, with chipping on 3 of the 4 doors, and starting to chip on the hood. We’ll see what they say. I watched the service guy look through their system, and there are no GM bulletins or notices in the system yet.

What are you all doing with the problem? Have you brought it to the dealership to fix?

The service guy said it may take multiple weeks to fix because the body shop is backed up!! Better give me a rental then!
I am just waiting a little bit to see if any solutions are relayed from Chevy. If I dont hear anything (which is likely) I will just have the hood repainted in the next couple months. Our dealership body shop out in AZ said they could fit me in with a weeks notice or so.

I am just waiting a little bit to see if any solutions are relayed from Chevy. If I dont hear anything (which is likely) I will just have the hood repainted in the next couple months. Our dealership body shop out in AZ said they could fit me in with a weeks notice or so.
Yep, the dealership sent mine to the body shop. They’re painting 4 doors and the hood.

I almost wonder if they should design some kind of a seal for the hood scoop mating surface... if these trucks are taken off-road they are going to see a lot of vibration and if the problem is in the way the scoop meets the hood, they'll never get it resolved without redesigning the mating surface and/or the mounting system.

711 miles in and no chips yet 🤞

I think it has something to do with the paint not being completely cured before they put the insert on at the factory. Lots of hoods out there with hood inserts and no chipping paint

I think it has something to do with the paint not being completely cured before they put the insert on at the factory. Lots of hoods out there with hood inserts and no chipping paint
This would make more sense. If it was a vibration or contact issue while driving, then eventually all the trucks would have the chipping.

I picked my truck up a couple weeks ago and it has the chipping around the front corners of the insert. On the back drivers side of the insert there is blue paint on the insert which would leave me to believe the paint was not cured when the insert was installed.

I picked my truck up a couple weeks ago and it has the chipping around the front corners of the insert. On the back drivers side of the insert there is blue paint on the insert which would leave me to believe the paint was not cured when the insert was installed.
The lack of cure time makes sense. I can only attribute the paint flaws to quickly pushing these trucks out with little to no quality control. My ZR2 was delivered in the worst condition of any new vehicle I’ve owned in 51 years. I drove 4.5 hours each way to get it, and honestly almost walked away. However, I keep telling myself that the defects can be fixed. Mechanically it’s fine so far. However, getting all 4 doors and hood painted on a one week old truck is disheartening.

so i found what apears to be a piece of painted tape on the truck underneath the front driver headlight on the quarter panel. i'm not going to pull it off because i dont want the paint to have a starting point to peal from. anyone have this?

so i found what apears to be a piece of painted tape on the truck underneath the front driver headlight on the quarter panel. i'm not going to pull it off because i dont want the paint to have a starting point to peal from. anyone have this?
Post a pic?

Went to the body shop today to get my paint issues looked at(hood scoop, peeling paint, etc) and the body shop guy noticed something. Those of you with paint issues related to the hood scoop have you noticed blue paint on the scoop where it meets the hood?

Also those with the door problems look in the jam. I have paint coming off there as well.

Most Member Reactions

Back