Infotainment Audio Cuts In & Out 23 ZR2

Next week I'm going in to dealer to get some replacement parts installed for my Homelink and seat cover that finally came in. I asked my advisor if there was any news on updates for infotainment. Looks like there may be something available finally. Here is the response he gave me. Said he would try to get me a reference number.

Perhaps it's one of the ones listed in nufan's post, but I don't think it's the top one, cause I've had it done over a month ago.

I might have something to report by mid weekish.
I don't believe that's "the one". Mine was just updated with the latest and greatest and was told the "real fix" is still coming soon.

Its been over a week since I had my radio updated and the fix is still good. I've had the truck for over a year and 15k miles and without fail after starting the truck the audio would cut out for a couple seconds a minute after startup and then again a few seconds later. After the latest update at the dealer that is no longer happening. I can't imagine I just got lucky or "hit the lottery" with the fix. The 24 model they gave me also had no audio issues. The trucks all share the same hardware or head unit, the only difference between my 22' and the new trucks is software. So this proves there is functional software out there. If you doubt that go test drive a 24'.

I don't believe that's "the one". Mine was just updated with the latest and greatest and was told the "real fix" is still coming soon.
Does your work order match the 80YZ 197292533 & 80YZ 197299038 numbers Aaron posted? The 80YZ numbers I posted in December are different, but the description of the work is the same. Nufan had the same description of work, but no 80YZ numbers. If we could confirm that nufan has the same 80YZ number as Aaron then we might be on to something.

Last edited:
Its been over a week since I had my radio updated and the fix is still good. I've had the truck for over a year and 15k miles and without fail after starting the truck the audio would cut out for a couple seconds a minute after startup and then again a few seconds later. After the latest update at the dealer that is no longer happening. I can't imagine I just got lucky or "hit the lottery" with the fix. The 24 model they gave me also had no audio issues. The trucks all share the same hardware or head unit, the only difference between my 22' and the new trucks is software. So this proves there is functional software out there. If you doubt that go test drive a 24'.
What information shows up in your update list in the infotainment system? Trying to match it to something in nufan's update list. Nufan and I have the same 85044902.mnf update in infotainment system, but mine was done last December. It didn't seem to work on my rig, so not sure that's the right update.

My service advisor gave me the following information. Latest infotainment update 23-NA-183 was January 4, 2023. So I definitely don't have that one.

The 80YZ numbers are to confirm the updates were completed successfully and logged for that vehicle. Like a tracking number I guess.

So I did see that 23-NA-183 number in a Reddit post from a month ago and the guy claimed it fixed his problem. I guess we'll still have to prove it out with multiple vehicles over at least 3 to 4 weeks.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240120_110919_Messages.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240120_110919_Messages.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 35
Seems like looking at everyone's updates that the most recent update is packaged in that .mnf (modal neutral file). They must update that file each time a new version is pushed out.

I've seen several posts in last two months. Seems like its split between the December updates like I've gotten and the January updates others are just getting.

Guys on Reddit saying it can take hours to do the update.......wtf! Probably why it won't get pushed out over the air.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240120_112832_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240120_112832_Chrome.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 31
Does your work order match the 80YZ 197292533 & 80YZ 197299038 numbers Aaron posted? The 80YZ numbers I posted in December are different, but the description of the work is the same. Nufan had the same description of work, but no 80YZ numbers. If we could confirm that nufan has the same 80YZ number as Aaron then we might be on to something.
I have no codes on my work order to match up. But the service Manager and my GM buddy have assured me that GM has not released the "fix" yet...they stated it should be coming out "soon".

Seems like looking at everyone's updates that the most recent update is packaged in that .mnf (modal neutral file). They must update that file each time a new version is pushed out.

I've seen several posts in last two months. Seems like its split between the December updates like I've gotten and the January updates others are just getting.

Guys on Reddit saying it can take hours to do the update.......wtf! Probably why it won't get pushed out over the air.
You are correct. The individual updates in the "Previous Updates" section that start with GM NXX are only for updates performed via OTA. The .mnf file is a compilation of several updates either in the radio at the time of manufacture or what it was updated to when the dealer did a hard update while at the dealership. The file I have in my radio now is the same one in post 267 that @Aaron posted.

I would like to state that the latest update I received (same as what @Aaron and @nufan78 received) is a TON better than before. It's now only cutting out for about the first 30 seconds tops for very short periods of time...maybe twice for like a second each and then it's gone. That may have something to do with data still running across the bus while the units still fully booting up. Not the fix we are all now waiting for, but it did make a huge difference to me so I am pleasantly surprised to say the least. This is proof that it is not a hardware issue, but a software related issue. Hopefully, the next update is the charm and problem resolved for us all!

Last edited:
App screen>settings app>updates>previous updates

Then click on any update for more info.
Yeah, so it looks like my truck has had 0 updates so far, nothing in there on the info system at all except “check for updates” and when I do it says I am up to date. So maybe the build and kernel info I posted earlier is valid for what I’m running I guess?

Reactions: AXE
Yeah, so it looks like my truck has had 0 updates so far, nothing in there on the info system at all except “check for updates” and when I do it says I am up to date. So maybe the build and kernel info I posted earlier is valid for what I’m running I guess?
I've got three of them, all different. My 24 built in October has had no updates, 22 built in August has a few. 23 Tahoe built in October 22 has a couple. They all seem random in terms of update reference number and timing of updates. Nothing makes sense.

I have a 2023 Silverado RST 3.0. Had the same issue since day one, it's more prevalent in the first few minutes of the drive but will still happen later on intermittently. Just cuts out for almost a full second on CarPlay, Radio, Phone call etc.
Just took my truck to the dealer and got the January update that was supposed to address the issue. I've noticed no change and its still happening.

I have a 2023 Silverado RST 3.0. Had the same issue since day one, it's more prevalent in the first few minutes of the drive but will still happen later on intermittently. Just cuts out for almost a full second on CarPlay, Radio, Phone call etc.
Just took my truck to the dealer and got the January update that was supposed to address the issue. I've noticed no change and its still happening.
The real "fix" has yet to be released by GM. We are all still waiting for it.

I picked up my rig from the dealer for a couple of trim parts getting replacement. Had them do the latest infotainment update. I have driven the truck for about 1 hour and the radio and navigation seem to work much better and I did not experience any issues.

My infotainment system started out pretty normal, but did have some fading in and out while streaming and occasionally SiriusXM would hang up after start up and I would have to toggle to another channel or hit pause/play to wake it up. After about 8 months, I started to get a lot of phone connectivity issues and some loss of navigation signals. Had an update in December and it made things worse. Most recently the SiriusXM and navigation would alternate restarts every 30 seconds until vehicle was shut off and restarted.

Hopefully, this is a good fix like a few others have reported, but it'll take some time to confirm as it has proven to be random for 11 months. I've attached to work order and update information.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240131_084259_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240131_084259_Gallery.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 31
  • SmartSelect_20240131_084503_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240131_084503_Chrome.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back