Infotainment Audio Cuts In & Out 23 ZR2

Has anyone been experiencing when the air is full blast and my radio glitches for the first time at start up my fan speed drops down to 3 and I have to turn it back up to high?

Has anyone been experiencing when the air is full blast and my radio glitches for the first time at start up my fan speed drops down to 3 and I have to turn it back up to high?
I think its normal for the fan to go back down once you hit the ignition button after a start with key fob. Not sure I've seen it otherwise.

I will start it up turn it to high (not on auto) and then within 20 sec when my radio glitches/ pauses for a brief sec the. Fan speed drops and then I have to turn back to high. Sometimes when I leave it alone on the 2nd -3rd glitch it kicks it back up to high. But I always turn it back up manually. I’ve always had the radio glitches the first few min at start up, and occasionally my front left blinker wouldn’t work and they said my battery voltage was low so replaced my battery at like 1200 miles and since then my blinker has worked but that fan speed issue started. They say it’s part of the infotainment issues.

Reactions: AXE
This is the latest update I’ve had sept
IMG_4681.jpeg

I will start it up turn it to high (not on auto) and then within 20 sec when my radio glitches/ pauses for a brief sec the. Fan speed drops and then I have to turn back to high. Sometimes when I leave it alone on the 2nd -3rd glitch it kicks it back up to high. But I always turn it back up manually. I’ve always had the radio glitches the first few min at start up, and occasionally my front left blinker wouldn’t work and they said my battery voltage was low so replaced my battery at like 1200 miles and since then my blinker has worked but that fan speed issue started. They say it’s part of the infotainment issues.
That does sound like power supply or power quality. I speculated that for some time. Mine started off with minimal issues, then got some radio fading, SiriusXM locking up, phone charger barely working. Then after 8 months in i suddenly had all kinds of connectivity issues with phone, navigation, SiriusXM cutting out, etc.

I did this software update at the dealer a recently and a few hours of driving ad it does seem to be much better now. We'll see if it lasts. Maybe give it a shot.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240131_084503_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240131_084503_Chrome.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 26
  • SmartSelect_20240131_084259_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240131_084259_Gallery.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 27
That does sound like power supply or power quality. I speculated that for some time. Mine started off with minimal issues, then got some radio fading, SiriusXM locking up, phone charger barely working. Then after 8 months in i suddenly had all kinds of connectivity issues with phone, navigation, SiriusXM cutting out, etc.

I did this software update at the dealer a recently and a few hours of driving ad it does seem to be much better now. We'll see if it lasts. Maybe give it a shot.
Ya I’m gonna call them tomorrow and see if they have an update available.

Has anyone received an OTA update recently? Wondering if they are still doing them.

Reactions: AXE
Has anyone received an OTA update recently? Wondering if they are still doing them.
I've hardly ever had any OTA in three vehicles. The one that did come through on two of them was the "update to make updates work correctly"......LOL...... somehow it never helped.......WTF.

I'm at the dealership right now for this issue. I posted in another thread my dealer ordered an amplifier to add to the radio. Well, the amplifier is in and they are installing it now. Based on every one else's experiences I'm "cautiously optimistic". In other words, I have my doubts.

Just got my replacement radio installed. Running the latest .mnf file with an update of Feb. 5, 2024. The latest SPS and USB file numbers are below which appear to be newer than what was posted in the past.

ZR2 Radio Software.jpg

Just got my replacement radio installed. Running the latest .mnf file with an update of Feb. 5, 2024. The latest SPS and USB file numbers are below which appear to be newer than what was posted in the past.

View attachment 10166
I was interested now that you have a new screen installed do you have the new 2024 ZR2 splash screen at start up?

View attachment 10166
Those 80YZ are unique to every vehicle and are never going to be the same. They are essentially identification numbers assigned to confirm that the update was installed.

The actual update would be in the bulletin #23-NA-XXX and should have an update reference number.

I don't understand... The screens are the same how does the screen determine the year of the vehicle? The software is confusing to me I guess.
It's coming from the ECM, not the display!

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back