Infotainment Audio Cuts In & Out 23 ZR2

Same issues as everyone else. You Tube music, XM, Bluetooth, etc. it is very annoying! The lag on the “Hey Google” is killing me as well. I’ll try another factory reset as the first one didn’t do anything. Had my 2023 two months and it is glitchy, hoping for a software fix over the air or something so it works as promised.

Hey Fellow ZR2 owners, apparently the radio glitch has found me, Ive had my truck 2 months now and only have 1400 miles, when I first bought it I drove 450 miles to pick up a car trailer listening to XM radio the entire trip without an issue, then this week Ive noticed its cutting out, today it just shut down all togethe, switching between FM and XM no sound. So I switched over to carplay and listened to XM through the app on my phone for a bit, then switched back to XM on radio with no issue. I called local chevy dealer but they said theres nothing, most likely because its not a big enough problem for chevrolet. has anyone actually brought their truck in to have them look at it?
Really frustrating today!

My 23's Infotainment system cuts in and out periodically, it's just a quick in/out but starting to get annoying. It actually rebooted on it's own one time. It impacts the phone, the radio, the sound of the blinkers, etc.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm going to take it in when I have time.

Thanks
Rick
Mine Automatically goes to highest volume and you cant turn it down, i had to call onstar and reboot

My 22 refreshed trail boss dI’d the same thing as my ZR2 is doing. Like everyone else’s, cuts in and out the first 5 or so minutes. Pretty annoying. Reset fixed mine for 2 days then it was back.

Anyone else’s infotainment system also taking longer to load? Mine used to fire up right away but now it sits in the bow tie screen for longer. It’s annoying

Reactions: AXE
Its such a pain in the ass to bring your new vehicle in for service, I was told it would be 5 days before they even look at it, so this means 7-8 days without it so its not going in especially when the dealer has no experience with the issue. so until people start bring their vehicle in to get this repaired chevrolet will do nothing about it.

Its such a pain in the ass to bring your new vehicle in for service, I was told it would be 5 days before they even look at it, so this means 7-8 days without it so its not going in especially when the dealer has no experience with the issue. so until people start bring their vehicle in to get this repaired chevrolet will do nothing about it.
I know every dealership service department is different. Does your dealership offer online appointments? The dealership I take mine to does online appointments. The service advisors told me to always make my appointments for 7:30-9:00AM, as that will ensure a tech will be able to diagnose the problem. If someone drives up, they get what you got. They are told 5 days at the soonest to get it diagnosed.

Also, the servicing dealership I go to is not the dealership I bought my truck from. I say that because some may think they take care of their purchasers first.

Also, the servicing dealership I go to is not the dealership I bought my truck from. I say that because some may think they take care of their purchasers first.
In 99.9% of the cases, it doesn't matter at all where you bought it from.

Same issues as everyone else. You Tube music, XM, Bluetooth, etc. it is very annoying! The lag on the “Hey Google” is killing me as well. I’ll try another factory reset as the first one didn’t do anything. Had my 2023 two months and it is glitchy, hoping for a software fix over the air or something so it works as promised.
This ☝️. The "Hey Google" some days takes forever. I find myself hitting the speak button on the steering wheel, waiting for the speech prompt to ding, counting to 5, and then talking, otherwise it misses the first part of the sentence, so if I say "take me to the Holiday Inn in Bullhead City Arizona using Waze", the screen will just show "Waze" or maybe "Bullhead City, Arizona using Waze" which would give me generic directions to the city center vs where I really want to go. Sometimes it says something like "your data connection is not strong enough to support this operation, please try again later". I'm in the middle of a city, so I'd think that my data connection is plenty strong, but then again, I don't really know if it's using the truck's data or my phone's data when it tries to process these requests. My phone is generally in the charging bin, so maybe that comes into play as well and somehow obstructs signal if it's using my phone for these requests.

As for the radio thing, my truck did this 3x this morning in the first 5 blocks of leaving my home while connected to Android Auto and playing Spotify. Almost like it was switching connections from our home wifi as I got out of range, then maybe to my phone's cellular data, and then maybe the phone connected to the to the truck's wifi hotspot?

My 23's Infotainment system cuts in and out periodically, it's just a quick in/out but starting to get annoying. It actually rebooted on it's own one time. It impacts the phone, the radio, the sound of the blinkers, etc.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm going to take it in when I have time.

Thanks
Rick
my 22 does it but figured it was a Sirius dropout. im gonna take notice when i use bluetooth.

I'm guessing that it may be an atmospheric issue. The SUN doing its thing and the earth is getting hit
by crap coming from the sun interrupting satellite communication. After all, almost everything in the infotainment
center is dependent on satellite signals.

I'm guessing that it may be an atmospheric issue. The SUN doing its thing and the earth is getting hit
by crap coming from the sun interrupting satellite communication. After all, almost everything in the infotainment
center is dependent on satellite signals.
Good try at an explanation, but that's not it ;)

ZR2 owner since November and I get ALL of this. I haven't read anyone have the issue of Android Auto connecting then disconnecting and then connecting again in that same first 5-10 minutes of start up. Then there are times it won't connect to android auto at all. I have to manually press android auto (which isn't even lit up) for it to find my phone. When I say "hey google" sometimes it will say "system warming up" and wont' register anything, so I just grab my phone and dial the number and it works fine.

I just had the ZR2 start up modification done last week and still have these issues. That didn't change a thing other than getting the ZR2 logo on start up and the truck on the screen now in drive modes.

Reactions: AXE
ZR2 owner since November and I get ALL of this. I haven't read anyone have the issue of Android Auto connecting then disconnecting and then connecting again in that same first 5-10 minutes of start up. Then there are times it won't connect to android auto at all. I have to manually press android auto (which isn't even lit up) for it to find my phone. When I say "hey google" sometimes it will say "system warming up" and wont' register anything, so I just grab my phone and dial the number and it works fine.

I just had the ZR2 start up modification done last week and still have these issues. That didn't change a thing other than getting the ZR2 logo on start up and the truck on the screen now in drive modes.
The ZR2 screen mod has nothing to do with anything but the screen mod.

I got another over the air update today. Hopefully this helps the glitch but not sure what the update did

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230418_231616.jpg
    Screenshot_20230418_231616.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 54

Most Member Reactions

Back