Infotainment Audio Cuts In & Out 23 ZR2

23 ZR2 and only use apple car play. Always in the first few minutes. iPhone 13 Pro Max with latest SW update (16.4.1). Checked infotainment and its SW is up to date also.

Reactions: AXE
I have been experiencing this issue from day one and working with chevy on fixes for the problem up until recently. This issue is specific to a radio type. There are three radio types, and the higher end radio is the one experiencing the communications issue. The problem is, is there is too much communication going on and the radio decides for one communication to go through it stops another and that happens to be the sound. From what I was told it is a google issue and google will not be releasing the software to GM until the end of the year to which at that time they will start working on a fix. This is not just Silverado and Sierra specific it also affects the 2023 Tahoe; I know this because I have one with the same issue as my 2022 Silverado.

I have been experiencing this issue from day one and working with chevy on fixes for the problem up until recently. This issue is specific to a radio type. There are three radio types, and the higher end radio is the one experiencing the communications issue. The problem is, is there is too much communication going on and the radio decides for one communication to go through it stops another and that happens to be the sound. From what I was told it is a google issue and google will not be releasing the software to GM until the end of the year to which at that time they will start working on a fix. This is not just Silverado and Sierra specific it also affects the 2023 Tahoe; I know this because I have one with the same issue as my 2022 Silverado.
That makes sense. Too bad it's taking them so long to fix it.

That makes sense. Too bad it's taking them so long to fix it.
From what I was told once google releases the software information at the end of the year it will still take GM time to fix the issue so expect something March of next year if I had to guess.

Fucking Google has been plotting against Americans for a decade. Figures they'd be in no hurry to fix their fuck up!

The more of our lives we hand over to big tech the lower quality we should expect. It's just like the medical industry........pay more get less.

Fucking Google has been plotting against Americans for a decade. Figures they'd be in no hurry to fix their fuck up!

The more of our lives we hand over to big tech the lower quality we should expect. It's just like the medical industry........pay more get less.
I agree completely Axe. Cancel culture!

that sucks...guess we have no choice.

i fucking hate google. never had a clue that was the Nav in the ZR2. one thing i took for granted as a gimme. SLT and my Denali had Nav that was premium. i bet you we will be paying to use our heated seats and remote start soon.

My 23's Infotainment system cuts in and out periodically, it's just a quick in/out but starting to get annoying. It actually rebooted on it's own one time. It impacts the phone, the radio, the sound of the blinkers, etc.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm going to take it in when I have time.

Thanks
Rick
Hello I have a 22 rst and it’s doing the same took it to the dealer twice and they said it needs and update did update and still doesn’t work when mine cuts out I’ll have my ac on full blast and when it cuts it cuts the ac down to the lowest fan speed. I also have other issues with mine wireless charging isn’t working the way it should, and I did the recall for the headlights now every time in the morning or at night have to turn on the the auto high beam feature on the stalk for it to work.

Hello I have a 22 rst and it’s doing the same took it to the dealer twice and they said it needs and update did update and still doesn’t work when mine cuts out I’ll have my ac on full blast and when it cuts it cuts the ac down to the lowest fan speed. I also have other issues with mine wireless charging isn’t working the way it should, and I did the recall for the headlights now every time in the morning or at night have to turn on the the auto high beam feature on the stalk for it to work.
Get used to it. There is no known fix for the infotainment system and no updates will resolve it. If you are talking about the AC AUTO feature, mine does that as well and no fix there either...annoying!

I see that Andre from The Fast Lane Trucks YouTube channel had his 2023 Colorado Infotainment and guage clusters go completely dark the other day. No response when trying to click remote or start button. He disconnected the battery cable and it came back to life and seemed to be fine.

I see that Andre from The Fast Lane Trucks YouTube channel had his 2023 Colorado Infotainment and guage clusters go completely dark the other day. No response when trying to click remote or start button. He disconnected the battery cable and it came back to life and seemed to be fine.
The more tech...the more problems!

The more tech...the more problems!
The 2500HD Duramax guys are gonna lose their fucking minds if those systems turn out to be this unreliable in the 2024s. Guys make their living with those trucks and can't afford to be without them.

They have enjoyed very reliable trucks for 25 years and have very few turds in that mix. 2012-15 Def system issues and 2015 and newer had some issues with shitty CP4 fuel pumps. Other than that fairly reliable trucks that can run 250k with routine maintenance. One guy did 750K hotshotting on a 2005 (which I owned) and had a water pump and injectors replaced, rest was pretty routine stuff.

I had not seen this behavior until today. It was almost comical. Every time I tried to tune in to a new station, the AC cut to the lowest level for a few seconds, and the stations didn't work.

Reactions: AXE
Have you guys find any fixes for this?

Thank you in advance

Same Issue as all mention in this thread. Once I get a about two minutes into my travel SIRI pops on and says; "Sorry I can't do that right now but you can play music, use navigation and {something else}"

I get about 3-4 micro mutes shortly after starting a drive and once a day the above SIRI message.

What an embarrassing piece of equipment, considering the price.

Same Issue as all mention in this thread. Once I get a about two minutes into my travel SIRI pops on and says; "Sorry I can't do that right now but you can play music, use navigation and {something else}"

I get about 3-4 micro mutes shortly after starting a drive and once a day the above SIRI message.

What an embarrassing piece of equipment, considering the price.
Mine just started doing that too several days ago...I was thinking WTF??? Very disappointed as well.

Mine cuts out more often that it did. Sometimes the radio will cut out and stay out until i change radio stations. This morning it rebooted while listening to FM.

Mine cuts out more often that it did. Sometimes the radio will cut out and stay out until i change radio stations. This morning it rebooted while listening to FM.
Instead of switching channels, try muting and unmuting using button in center of volume knob. Song should restart in same place. I think it is pausing the song.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back