Chevy Performance Exhaust

Does anyone know the part # for the borla touring muffler (the atak is a little more than I need for long trips) so I don't have to swap out everything?
In my mind the GM S type Borla on my 6.2 sounded like the new active exhaust?

Last edited:
I did the ATAK muffler and added another resonator (kept factory resonators in place as well) to get the Touring sound - I just used an aftermarket resonator the local muffler shop had available as well, the longer the milder.
I was told to add the part 60679 to the atak to get the s type sound.

Reactions: AXE
Just got a response from borla on the parts needed to convert to touring.
From #140913

Front Pipe $150

Touring Muffler $500

Attachments

• Touring Conversion.png
    Touring Conversion.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 6
S-type and ATAk use the same muffler.

S-type utilizes a resonator after the muffler while the ATAK uses a polyphonic harmonizer. Both can be directly swapped for the other.
So trying to determine my next move. Either moving from Atak to s-type to from Atak to touring. Is there a big enough difference moving from atak to s-type?

So trying to determine my next move. Either moving from Atak to s-type to from Atak to touring. Is there a big enough difference moving from atak to s-type?
Atak is loud. Touring is a little more throaty than stock. S is in the middle. Borla on the 6.2 from GM was flapped. That may have changed. Borla on websites are not. Have you gone and listened to sound bits on internet? A Borla may not even be your exhaust note. It is like music, one persons perfect is another's blah. Happy exhaust hunting 😀

Atak is loud. Touring is a little more throaty than stock. S is in the middle. Borla on the 6.2 from GM was flapped. That may have changed. Borla on websites are not. Have you gone and listened to sound bits on internet? A Borla may not even be your exhaust note. It is like music, one persons perfect is another's blah. Happy exhaust hunting 😀
Thanks for that....I feel like I have listened to 100 sound clips and after a while, they start blending. The issue I have with my atak is the noise inside the cab. It seems to be the 3rd wheel in conversations.

well said.

Thanks for that....I feel like I have listened to 100 sound clips and after a while, they start blending. The issue I have with my atak is the noise inside the cab. It seems to be the 3rd wheel in conversations.
Has anybody mentioned the Magnaflow from Hottexhaust.com? It's cured every problem that Borla has ever created on these trucks with their shitty exhaust sound.

I've never heard as many complaints and bitching about exhausts as I have with the Borla on this forum. Why anybody buys one still is hard to figure out.

I got a guy on each side of me one had a 2017 Denail 6.2 with a Borla and it sounds great. Guy on the other side of me has a Borla on his 6.2 and it sounds like shit, just like everyone describes on the forum........pitchy, raspy, noisy and does nothing for the truck to enhance the overall feel of that truck. They screwed the pooch on this latest generation exhaust.

Has anybody mentioned the Magnaflow from Hottexhaust.com? It's cured every problem that Borla has ever created on these trucks with their shitty exhaust sound.

I've never heard as many complaints and bitching about exhausts as I have with the Borla on this forum. Why anybody buys one still is hard to figure out.

I got a guy on each side of me one had a 2017 Denail 6.2 with a Borla and it sounds great. Guy on the other side of me has a Borla on his 6.2 and it sounds like shit, just like everyone describes on the forum........pitchy, raspy, noisy and does nothing for the truck to enhance the overall feel of that truck. They screwed the pooch on this latest generation exhaust.
I know drone and exhaust notes are very subjective. My personal experience with the magnaflow kit was not a good one. I purchased the kit and only ran it for 100 miles maybe before I purchased a Borla. At 70 mph the done in the cab resonated in my head so bad it was giving me headaches. Fiancé didn’t even want to ride in the truck either. I read all the post here and thought that was the route for me but that was not the case. I installed the touring but it was lacking a bit for the amount of money I put in it so I swapped out for an S-Type. This is considerably louder than the Magnaflow outside the truck but inside, night and day difference. Sure the cold starts will wake the dead but I’ll take that over my head wanting to explode on longer trips lol.

Sound clips of Touring vs S-Type in the media on my profile. I think I still have an old clip of the Magnaflow kit too. I’ll try and get it uploaded as well.

Last edited:
I know drone and exhaust notes are very subjective. My personal experience with the magnaflow kit was not a good one. I purchased the kit and only ran it for 100 miles maybe before I purchased a Borla. At 70 mph the done in the cab resonated in my head so bad it was giving me headaches. Finace didn’t even want to ride in the truck either. I read all the post here and thought that was the route for me but that was not the case. I installed the touring but it was lacking a bit for the amount of money I put in it so I swapped out for an S-Type. This is considerably louder than the Magnaflow outside the truck but inside, night and day difference. Sure the cold starts will wake the dead but I’ll take that over my head wanting to explode on longer trips lol.

Sound clips of Touring vs S-Type in the media on my profile. I think I still have an old clip of the Magnaflow kit too. I’ll try and get it uploaded as well.
I liked my "S" type. No drone at all for me. You are right though, it is very subjective to one's hearing! Mine sucks without hearing aids ,LOL.

I know drone and exhaust notes are very subjective. My personal experience with the magnaflow kit was not a good one. I purchased the kit and only ran it for 100 miles maybe before I purchased a Borla. At 70 mph the done in the cab resonated in my head so bad it was giving me headaches. Fiancé didn’t even want to ride in the truck either. I read all the post here and thought that was the route for me but that was not the case. I installed the touring but it was lacking a bit for the amount of money I put in it so I swapped out for an S-Type. This is considerably louder than the Magnaflow outside the truck but inside, night and day difference. Sure the cold starts will wake the dead but I’ll take that over my head wanting to explode on longer trips lol.

If I turn my radio off I can hear mine a bit. Wouldn't describe it as drone, but you hear the exhaust cause it isnt choked up. If I have radio on, I can't even hear it at steady state throttle. The only thing that bothers me is when running in D, you can hear a gurgle when the DFM kicks on and off. It's most noticeable in hilly or windy conditions cruising at highway speeds. I suspect that would be the case with most of them since you remove the flapper.

My wife's only comment "is that why you always want to drive so you can race everyone and hear that exhaust"........ "and you wonder why the boys are like that"..........she doesn't complain, just smiles and shakes her head.

Last edited:
If I turn my radio off I can hear mine a bit. Wouldn't describe it as drone, but you hear the exhaust cause it isnt choked up. If I have radio on, I can't even hear it at steady state throttle. The only thing that bothers me is when running in D, you can hear a gurgle when the DFM kicks on and off. It's most noticeable in hilly or windy conditions cruising at highest speeds. I suspect that would be the case with most of them since you remove the flapper.

My wife's only comment "is that why you always want to drive so you can race everyone and hear that exhaust"........ "and you wonder why the boys are like that"..........she doesn't complain, just smiles and shakes her head.
good woman that Mrs. AXE!!!

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back