Infotainment Audio Cuts In & Out 23 ZR2

Running into a new issue now. Not sure if it is truck issue though. I use CarPlay for any audio and is either Spotify or Apple Music and it happens with both.

Have iPhone 15 pro max on 17.3.1 and the audio volumes drop randomly and then goes back to normal. Sometimes there may be a notification in the background on the phone and it drops then. Other times there is nothing.

Haven’t had this happen before and removed the phone from the truck and reconnected/repaired to see if that would do anything which it didn’t.

Anyone else come across this?

I’ve had a lot of odd minor issues like that. I had the dealer do a hardwire update (rather than just relying on auto update in the truck). I have not noticed as many issues since except Pandora still stops working if I get on a phone call then hang up. I have to switch Pandora channels then switch back.
There are a lot of minor issues with the software. I also noticed settings change on their own sometimes. I’m betting the auto update function may cause that one. Keep getting updates and keep reporting it to dealer.

Running into a new issue now. Not sure if it is truck issue though. I use CarPlay for any audio and is either Spotify or Apple Music and it happens with both.

Have iPhone 15 pro max on 17.3.1 and the audio volumes drop randomly and then goes back to normal. Sometimes there may be a notification in the background on the phone and it drops then. Other times there is nothing.

Haven’t had this happen before and removed the phone from the truck and reconnected/repaired to see if that would do anything which it didn’t.

Have to get the latest Y171 update and it should help. I've logged about 10 hours now with mine and it had been much better. Just in the last few days I've had my Sirius XM cut out three times, so jury is still out. It's not uncommon for systems that were working to slowly go to shit!

Can also disconnect your negative battery terminal and do ac hard boot. Unfortunately your driving a computer not a truck.

I just picked up my ZR2 22’, is there a way to see what software I have? How do I see if the update has happened? I have the issue when I receive a text or notification the screen flickers and volume changes. Thanks!!

Have to get the latest Y171 update and it should help. I've logged about 10 hours now with mine and it had been much better. Just in the last few days I've had my Sirius XM cut out three times, so jury is still out. It's not uncommon for systems that were working to slowly go to shit!

Can also disconnect your negative battery terminal and do ac hard boot. Unfortunately your driving a computer not a truck.

May give that a try tomorrow.

Have the Y171 update - was done by the dealer just over a week ago. I just can’t remember if this volume thing was happening before the update or only after it was updated.

I just picked up my ZR2 22’, is there a way to see what software I have? How do I see if the update has happened? I have the issue when I receive a text or notification the screen flickers and volume changes. Thanks!!
yes..its in your vehicle settings menu. i think it gives the date and version.

Reactions: AXE

Siruis XM was cutting out in my Wifes BMW, so its not us!

Maybe it was SiriusXM??? A lot can happen when you depend on a satellite signal.....
I've had Sirius XM in multiple rigs since about 2008. Never dropped a signal in wide open. Only in tunnels, bridges and under canopies. It's the janky system.

Last edited:

Totally normal with the radio for your iPhone to do that.

Aside from the periodic muting of sound, has anyone experienced the screen flicker or reboot when a notification from a text or whatsapp come in? Will doing an update fix the issue? Thanks for your help!!

Aside from the periodic muting of sound, has anyone experienced the screen flicker or reboot when a notification from a text or whatsapp come in? Will doing an update fix the issue? Thanks for your help!!
I replied to you in your other thread. Yes, get the latest update and see if that resolves the issue.

Was doing some thinking about the infotainment muting issue. On mine it only mutes within maybe the first 10min. of turning the truck on. Sorta like when sometimes you first start your computer and try to do something right away it freezes for a second until the computer gets caught up loading everything. Maybe our audio pauses while the computer hiccups trying to catch up loading everything? They probably cheeped out on the processor and memory, lol

I don't have Onstar, so I was wondering if the computer gets hungup trying to connect to Onstar, google maps, assistant, etc. and after enough tries it freezes up for a second and eventually tries stopping to connect and no longer causes the audio to mute? I thought of this because sometimes randomly I get notifications saying I need an internet connection to do something... when I don't do anything. So the process is probably running in the background. If the engineers weren't able to design a wireless charger, I don't have confidence they were able to engineer a smooth running computer system that doesn't freeze up after startup.

With that being said, I did some digging in the settings and found out that I can disable apps. So I disabled and turned off notifications for the Google Assistant, Google Keyboard, Google Play Services, Google Play Store & Maps. I turned notifications off because after turning them off, the next time I started the truck I got a notification saying that "Google Partner Setup won't work unless you enable Google Play services." I don't need all of that Google crap running & tracking in the background. I use apple car play to track me, ha. First few starts haven't had any muting issue, but since it's such a sporadic issue I'll have to wait and see. If anything comes from it, the computer might be more responsive, lol. I'm no software engineer or expert, so try at your own risk (gotta put a disclaimer, ha). Just wanted to share my thoughts.

IMG_5864.JPG
IMG_5863.JPG

Was doing some thinking about the infotainment muting issue. On mine it only mutes within maybe the first 10min. of turning the truck on. Sorta like when sometimes you first start your computer and try to do something right away it freezes for a second until the computer gets caught up loading everything. Maybe our audio pauses while the computer hiccups trying to catch up loading everything? They probably cheeped out on the processor and memory, lol

I don't have Onstar, so I was wondering if the computer gets hungup trying to connect to Onstar, google maps, assistant, etc. and after enough tries it freezes up for a second and eventually tries stopping to connect and no longer causes the audio to mute? I thought of this because sometimes randomly I get notifications saying I need an internet connection to do something... when I don't do anything. So the process is probably running in the background. If the engineers weren't able to design a wireless charger, I don't have confidence they were able to engineer a smooth running computer system that doesn't freeze up after startup.

With that being said, I did some digging in the settings and found out that I can disable apps. So I disabled and turned off notifications for the Google Assistant, Google Keyboard, Google Play Services, Google Play Store & Maps. I turned notifications off because after turning them off, the next time I started the truck I got a notification saying that "Google Partner Setup won't work unless you enable Google Play services." I don't need all of that Google crap running & tracking in the background. I use apple car play to track me, ha. First few starts haven't had any muting issue, but since it's such a sporadic issue I'll have to wait and see. If anything comes from it, the computer might be more responsive, lol. I'm no software engineer or expert, so try at your own risk (gotta put a disclaimer, ha). Just wanted to share my thoughts.

View attachment 10753View attachment 10754
Another good suggestion that has merit. There's definitely too much going on for the computer to handle.

I had the latest Y171 update installed in January. It worked pretty well for about 9 to 10 hours. Now my SiriusXM is dropping signal briefly at v random times again.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back