Infotainment Audio Cuts In & Out 23 ZR2

Another good suggestion that has merit. There's definitely too much going on for the computer to handle.

I had the latest Y171 update installed in January. It worked pretty well for about 9 to 10 hours. Now my SiriusXM is dropping signal briefly at v random times again.
My Y171 has been working great for weeks now.

Just know, in the past some bugs came from Google and other bugs came from Apple Car Play. So I had to learn which one worked properly for what function. PIA.
I have not had nearly as many issues since having updates hardwire installed at dealer. GM should force third party apps to be fully voice over compatible or do not allow them I think. But I have no clue what disaster that would cause either.
You paid A LOT of money for it. Use it and continue to report bugs to GM.

I blew into my dealer this morning for some work. Service advisor was head down and shaking his head when i walked in. I asked what's up. He said we got 28 carry overs from yesterday's customers. I said is that a lot. He said yes and the bigger problem was several didn't have an obvious fix. Then proceeded to tell me they had two more bricked Colorado trucks sitting there after attempted infotainment updates. He said they have had an unusually large number of Colorado trucks that cannot be fixed without complete system replacement. Way to go GM!

Does anyone else lose the ability when using Android Auto to hear messages, voice mail, or notifications from other apps? I have removed, reinstalled, and repaired everything and I get the same outcome. I have also noticed that if AA is off the Bluetooth allows all connections, but once AA kicks on the audio tab kicks off.

Any thoughts?

I blew into my dealer this morning for some work. Service advisor was head down and shaking his head when i walked in. I asked what's up. He said we got 28 carry overs from yesterday's customers. I said is that a lot. He said yes and the bigger problem was several didn't have an obvious fix. Then proceeded to tell me they had two more bricked Colorado trucks sitting there after attempted infotainment updates. He said they have had an unusually large number of Colorado trucks that cannot be fixed without complete system replacement. Way to go GM!
i know 24 canyon colorados are on stop sale for software issues. that stinks!!

Good morning, so I was on small roadtrip this weekend and the most frustrating part of the trip was being in a group text and the screen flickering with all the messages coming in while I was driving. The worst part of it was it was somewhat of a "reboots" that the screen did and causes a flicker for the carplay nav to change screens and then take a second to get back to where it was. Now imagine, and we all have experienced, the one person in the group text that types a word and hits send 30 time in a row!! The frustration was out of control.

So here is my question, I understand the momentary mute situation can possibly get addressed with an update, is this flickering and screen "reboot" a update fix as well? has anyone experienced the flicker or screen reboot?

Good morning, so I was on small roadtrip this weekend and the most frustrating part of the trip was being in a group text and the screen flickering with all the messages coming in while I was driving. The worst part of it was it was somewhat of a "reboots" that the screen did and causes a flicker for the carplay nav to change screens and then take a second to get back to where it was. Now imagine, and we all have experienced, the one person in the group text that types a word and hits send 30 time in a row!! The frustration was out of control.

So here is my question, I understand the momentary mute situation can possibly get addressed with an update, is this flickering and screen "reboot" a update fix as well? has anyone experienced the flicker or screen reboot?
I am not aware of any "flickering screen" issue that has an update associated with it.

I love the idea of the Colorado / Canyon size and capability, was thinking about one for my daughter to take to college - she loves to do all things outdoors and feel it’s a great size for her. At this point, seems like GM went way too dependent on the infotainment for all functional controls without ensuring it’s bulletproof and when something goes wrong, it’s a pretty major issue…really unfortunate.

no paperwork from warranty work? hmm?
I had them check a few things and my oil change package I have through them and they hadn’t ran the paperwork when I picked it up, I just drop my loaner off get my truck and leave. They will mail me my paperwork once they process it.

I had them check a few things and my oil change package I have through them and they hadn’t ran the paperwork when I picked it up, I just drop my loaner off get my truck and leave. They will mail me my paperwork once they process it.
IMG_5030.jpeg

I don’t know if theirs pops up on here or if this is only over the air one?

good. you need a record.

I've got a new annoyance with my infotainment system or Android. In the last week, when I power down and exit my 24 HD, it automatically starts my music player on my phone and plays a random song from my library. This happens even though I never use music from my phone in the truck. It's annoying and sometimes I don't even notice it's running until I get in the house or store.

Is there a setting in the phone or infotainment system that can be changed? I didn't see anything different in my settings. Phone had done a system update. Just happened in my 22 as well. Thanks!

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back