Order tracking thread. Post your order #s here for updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you that have ordered, if you know your order#, just reply to this thread and I can check the status for you.

You will see me use the term TPW. This stands for Target Production Week. It means that the truck is scheduled to be built at some point during that week.

Below are the relevant GM order status codes.

• 1100 ORDER PLACED AT DEALERSHIP / PRELIMINARY ORDER ACCEPTED
  • 2000 ORDER ACCEPTED BY GM
  • 2030 ORDER EDITED BY GM
  • 2500 ORDER PREFERENCED, SENT TO PRODUCTION
  • 3000 ORDER ACCEPTED BY PRODUCTION CONTROL
  • 3100 ORDER AVAILABLE TO SEQUENCE
  • 3300 ORDER SELECTED, SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCITON
  • 3400 ORDER BROADCAST FOR PRODUCTION (LOADED ON ASSEMBLY PLANT COMPUTERS)
  • 3800 ORDER PRODUCED, VIN IS AVAILABLE
  • 4000 VEHICLE AVAILABLE TO SHIP
  • 4150 VEHICLE INVOICED
  • 4B00 ORDER BAYED; VEHICLE IS WAITING ON TRANSPORTATION OR PULLED FOR QUALITY CONTROL
  • 4200 ORDER SHIPPED
  • 4300 INTERMEDIATE DELIVERY, VEHICLE HAS BEEN MOVED TO ANOTHER LOCATION FOR SHIPMENT
  • 4800 RAIL RAMP UNLOAD; VEHICLE AT RAIL ROAD DESTINATION AWAITING TRUCK TRANSPORT TO DEALER
  • 5000 VEHICLE DELIVERED TO DEALER
  • 6000 VEHICLE DELIVERED TO CUSTOMER

Good morning can I have an update my dealership is saying it will arrive 6/23 just trying to compare. Thanks!

Order number : BMDTMG

Interesting lol! Dealership can’t figure this stuff out lol. Thanks!
They are likely showing a different ETA through their VINview app. It's a tracking app that GM dealers use for inbound units. It almost always shows something different than what the GM Order System shows. The date will change quite a bit within VINview but until that unit gets to the railyard, both of those estimates are pretty useless. Once it hits the railyard, the VINview eta will change when a carrier assigns a transport to deliver it. So, once it hits 4800, the eta that your dealers sees there will be pretty accurate.

It’s been a few weeks. Just wondering if anything has changed with the 6.2 availability and end of model year.

BPHXD6

Thanks again for doing all of this I know it much get tiresome.

They are likely showing a different ETA through their VINview app. It's a tracking app that GM dealers use for inbound units. It almost always shows something different than what the GM Order System shows. The date will change quite a bit within VINview but until that unit gets to the railyard, both of those estimates are pretty useless. Once it hits the railyard, the VINview eta will change when a carrier assigns a transport to deliver it. So, once it hits 4800, the eta that your dealers sees there will be pretty accurate.
@GearheadSS this is such a confusing process and we appreciate all the help your giving as well, especially for one’s, like me, who have never ordered a brand new vehicle before. This really helps us kinda understand the process a bit. So when it means 4200 and shipped it’s most likely still in Mexico until it gets to the states than it becomes 4800? I was assuming since it was 4200 it was already on a truck somewhere going to the dealership, guess I’m wrong about that lol. Would you say the July 4th date is pretty accurate or most likely it will be after July 4th? Thanks so much!!

It’s been a few weeks. Just wondering if anything has changed with the 6.2 availability and end of model year.

BPHXD6

Thanks again for doing all of this I know it much get tiresome.
3000, 8/1 tpw. GM hasn't notified us of any change to 6.2L or ZR2 order availability. It shows zero available nationally on this weeks allocations.

@GearheadSS this is such a confusing process and we appreciate all the help your giving as well, especially for one’s, like me, who have never ordered a brand new vehicle before. This really helps us kinda understand the process a bit. So when it means 4200 and shipped it’s most likely still in Mexico until it gets to the states than it becomes 4800? I was assuming since it was 4200 it was already on a truck somewhere going to the dealership, guess I’m wrong about that lol. Would you say the July 4th date is pretty accurate or most likely it will be after July 4th? Thanks so much!!
It could still be in Mexico at 4200 but it means that it's on a railcar headed to the closest railyard to your dealer. It becomes 4800 when it reaches the railyard and is unloaded from the railcar. 4200 just means shipped. It can be by train, truck or boat. I don't put too much stock in any of the ETAs given by GM. The ones that the dealer can see in VINview are more accurate.

It could still be in Mexico at 4200 but it means that it's on a railcar headed to the closest railyard to your dealer. It becomes 4800 when it reaches the railyard and is unloaded from the railcar. 4200 just means shipped. It can be by train, truck or boat. I don't put too much stock in any of the ETAs given by GM. The ones that the dealer can see in VINview are more accurate.
Thanks so much for the insight! You have really made the process more enjoyable and more easily to understand!

Thanks gearhead…. They say they are waiting on a chip.. is there any way to verify that?
Not by me. If they have the truck and are waiting on something, it's likely that something wasn't working when they received the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Member Reactions

Back