Chevy Performance Exhaust

More like 170 to 168. Lol

I am struggling to think of the term for what I’m talking about so please bear with me. Does the truck have any “active” exhaust “gates” before it gets to the Borla system? If so… Could the start up issue be the truck itself opening up everything initially and then closing them as needed ie temp getting to proper operating range? To me, this might explain the quieter start up in cold temps as it needs the temp to rise more than summer. Then again I’m probably way off with this.

More like 170 to 168. Lol

I am struggling to think of the term for what I’m talking about so please bear with me. Does the truck have any “active” exhaust “gates” before it gets to the Borla system? If so… Could the start up issue be the truck itself opening up everything initially and then closing them as needed ie temp getting to proper operating range? To me, this might explain the quieter start up in cold temps as it needs the temp to rise more than summer. Then again I’m probably way off with this.
The stock exhaust has a valve right before the muffler. I believe it is temperature controlled. Closed when cold, open when the exhaust has heated up.

Reactions: AXE
The stock exhaust has a valve right before the muffler. I believe it is temperature controlled. Closed when cold, open when the exhaust has heated up.
It’s a simple spring loaded butterfly valve. Airflow = pressure.
as RPM increase and as a result CFM it overpowers the spring. Opening the valve. It’s made by Faurecia. It’s designed exactly to stop loud starts.

I have mine held open with a hose clamps to get a slight improvement in idle sound.

Make no mistake though. They muffler’ed the shit out of these trucks.

It’s a simple spring loaded butterfly valve. Airflow = pressure.
as RPM increase and as a result CFM it overpowers the spring. Opening the valve. It’s made by Faurecia. It’s designed exactly to stop loud starts.

I have mine held open with a hose clamps to get a slight improvement in idle sound.

Make no mistake though. They muffler’ed the shit out of these trucks.
Well I think Borla has won that battle. I’m good with the idle and road sound but man that cold start is insane.

I requested a part number and a shipping quote. Have not received a reply.
thanks
I requested a part number and a shipping quote. Have not received a reply.
part #57923 is a re-engineered front pipe from Borla that is supposed to fix the howitzer startup issue. i ordered as a last attempt to fix this annoying problem. its $257 plus fedex shipping. if this doesnt work im gonna solve it at local exhaust shop.

I did have a few minutes at lunch today to make a phone call to Corsa.

As the original projection of the catback was July of last year and has never materialized.

According to the “Tech” line, they had to basically start from scratch with these trucks. Nothing as simple changing the tailpipe sections.

Required a complete redesign of the entire system to achieve what they claim to die on “zero drone”. Unique muffler and front section to our truck model (ZR2).

I’m supposed to receive a follow up call on Monday for more information. Hopefully they give me a call back.

Not to discredit Borla, as they make fantastic products. But they did effectively change the tailpipes and ship the same catback.

It seems the front pipe section update is the correction to what should have been done in original R&D.

I’m curious how it turns out for the “issue” with this system. Keep us posted.

As the original projection of the catback was July of last year and has never materialized.

According to the “Tech” line, they had to basically start from scratch with these trucks. Nothing as simple changing the tailpipe sections.

Required a complete redesign of the entire system to achieve what they claim to die on “zero drone”. Unique muffler and front section to our truck model (ZR2).

I’m supposed to receive a follow up call on Monday for more information. Hopefully they give me a call back.

Not to discredit Borla, as they make fantastic products. But they did effectively change the tailpipes and ship the same catback.

It seems the front pipe section update is the correction to what should have been done in original R&D.

My neighbor has a Borla on his Denail and it sounds great. Start up is real throaty and seems like a moderated note when taking off. Seems weird that it gets this complicated!

I've had a few different exhausts from Gibson, MBRP, and Flowmaster and always liked them.

Last edited:
My neighbor has a Borla on his Denail and is sounds great. Start up is real throaty and seems like a moderated not when taking off. Seems weird that it gets this complicated!

I've had a few different exhausts from Gibson, MBRP, and Flowmaster and always liked them.
My first truck had a Gibson. The last one had a Dynomax system.

will do....im bummed but hopeful. im also not gonna shit on anybody...yet! wanna give redesigned pipe a shot. supposed to get pipe next week.

will do....im bummed but hopeful. im also not gonna shit on anybody...yet! wanna give redesigned pipe a shot. supposed to get pipe next week.
I’d like to see what resonator comes on the front pipe. Keeps us updated!

It is not temp controlled. It is controlled by exhaust pressure and is only spring loaded.

Just got the Atak put on my Zr2 and I love it. A few compliments already and it’s only been three days. It’s about the same sound as my Camaro npp exhaust in track mode. Love the sound of these 6.2s. In my opinion these trucks should come this way from the factory. I would rather hear the exhaust note than the stereo which is good because these suck compared to the Harman Kardon the Ram had haha. Really loving this truck now..

Just got the Atak put on my Zr2 and I love it. A few compliments already and it’s only been three days. It’s about the same sound as my Camaro npp exhaust in track mode. Love the sound of these 6.2s. In my opinion these trucks should come this way from the factory. I would rather hear the exhaust note than the stereo which is good because these suck compared to the Harman Kardon the Ram had haha. Really loving this truck now..
What did they charge for install?

Most Member Reactions

Back